Just Read Gr8 News Coming Regarding Big Time Recruit!
by savr27 (2019-10-16 23:28:47)

Possibly this week and most likely Clark - If true, Irish nation will be doing the Irish Jig ☘️☘️

This week is relentlessly ebbing away. *
by sixtythreer  (2019-10-19 19:18:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That would be great if true...hoping that also Maddy is
by drmurray  (2019-10-17 13:23:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the current 4th "silent commit".

Unfortunately, this may leave Deja Kelly out...maybe?

Going into the wknd
by Irishrudy  (2019-10-17 15:00:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maddy was not the 4th silent commit.

Thanks for the valuable insight.
by RISteve  (2019-10-17 16:00:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As Dillon noted, until the t’s are crossed and the i’s are dotted, nothing is final, but this sound promising. I’ll await final word and hope for good news. Thanks again.

How do you know that? *
by BTFNDGUY  (2019-10-17 15:02:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

conversations
by irishrudy  (2019-10-17 15:19:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

with people in/around the program all day Saturday/Saturday night. I typically post on ISD.

Thanks for Your Input....
by dillon77  (2019-10-17 15:36:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Along those lines, a number of us have thought that Maddy wouldn't be a silent commit given that she'd just spent four weeks going to OV's at schools around the region. I don't care how many free hotel stays you like to partake in, but that's still a lot of time and effort to spend when you've committed silently to the last school of the bunch.

I also saw a videotape a year or two back (which I posted here) of Maddy talking about schools that were recruting her and she mentioned a few schools (Ohio St., Tenn) and acknowledged there's, of course, ND. She knows it well and is obviously attracted/interested, but wanted to see what else was/is out there. She's done that.

We'll see what happens. If she does come here -- or go elsewhere, she most certainly has done her research. I think she'd be a really positive addition to the team, adding both inside and mid-range presence, plus savvy focus. (Sound familiar?)

Stay tuned.

So if the 4th recruit was not MW, and hypothetically CC had
by drmurray  (2019-10-17 17:00:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

not commited before the weekend, who is the 4th recruit?

Hmmnm....
by dillon77  (2019-10-17 17:23:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...Doubt it's Deja Kelly, who continued on her tour of schools.
And I can't see it being Amirah Abdur-Rahim, who has not been seen and/or heard of much since her visit.

So, my quasi-deductive reasoning (and hope, truth be told) would point to Clark, who some thought would not make it to ND, yet here she was, just as she was in June for an unofficial. And ND apparently made some home visits to Iowa during the contact periord.

However, there are a few people who are not sold on a fourth commit. Not that MPG or others heard wrong, but maybe MM was incorrectly referring to the four visitors coming to USC as commits. Why would a commit be silent this deep into the recruiting period, particularly if they've just taken an OV?

That said, I'm not sure it all matters until we hear who the fourth and, possibly, fifth commit are publicly and when they sign on the dotted line in November. Personally, I think Clark and ND would be mutually beneficial for each other.

Stay tuned.

Many reasons
by Irishrudy  (2019-10-17 17:43:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

First MM knows how many commits she has. She didn’t misspeak. I just wanted to clarify that.
A kid may have a special event at her school planned. Invite family. Lots of logistics involved. Maybe, there was an arrangement made with the player on when that date would be because of a birthday or special occasion. I have no clue the reason for this one but we learned the wide receiver committed to ND back in August but made it official this wknd.
I will say Sam Brunelle committed to MM the day after the national championship
Or close to it. She didn’t announce her verbal until weeks later at her high school w her teammates and aau squad. MM and BCM were watching it via FaceTime though at the podium.

Very true
by Mike  (2019-10-17 18:25:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

👏👏👏

Amen! *
by MPG  (2019-10-17 22:45:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Then, I'll Revert Back to My Semi-Deductive Reasoning...
by dillon77  (2019-10-17 18:57:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...and hope. Plus, I think the pairing of CC and ND is mutually beneficial.

Stay tuned.

MM may have mis-spoke about there being 4 commits *
by tedstheman  (2019-10-17 17:09:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not sure
by irishdds  (2019-10-17 14:31:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

......we would take Kelly even if Clark doesn’t come. Too much like Hayes for me and our chances of getting some great guards in 2021 seem good. JMHO

Why have her visit, then?
by Orangutan  (2019-10-18 00:19:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She took her official visit after Hayes committed. If she no longer had an offer on the table, why would ND host her and why would she take the visit

Pretty Much in Agreement With You...
by dillon77  (2019-10-17 15:43:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...I'm game with one under-5'10" speedy guard who can motor up and down the court and cause hell on defense. But not two of them...not with 5'11" Olivia Miles and 6'0" Sonia Citron (who we know has an offer) in 2021.

Dejun Kelly
by hempfield75  (2019-10-17 13:59:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If that be the case so be it. She had her chance and continued with the
recruiting process. I wish her the best and hope she picks a program worthy
of her talents.

SEG/Chief

Curious where you read that. *
by 2DOMER  (2019-10-17 08:23:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Read It On Another ND Site And It Came From One Of the
by savr27  (2019-10-17 08:42:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Journalists who’s very credible. Not sure if board rules allows me to name the site

Did Not See Anything About Either Site or Author...
by dillon77  (2019-10-17 09:04:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...on the rules.

However, my take on verbal commitments is to not put a check mark next to anyone's name until I see that person issue a tweet, facebook post, etc.
And I'll feel even more comfortable once pen is put to paper in November.

That said, it is interesting hearing what sources are thinking/saying!

Stay tuned...

A quote: "hearing positive vibes on Clark".
by BTFNDGUY  (2019-10-17 10:25:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Blue and Gold

another data point...
by DavidAddison  (2019-10-17 14:55:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

granted, I'm reading a lot into this, but in the NDInsider article that talks about Muffet not wanting to ride off into the sunset after last year, it quotes her as something something to the effect of "and recruiting is going well." Frankly, to me it didn't seem like it's been going that well. So I wondered right then whether she knew something regarding recruiting that isn't public yet...namely, Clark.

Interesting Perspective....
by dillon77  (2019-10-17 15:40:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm not sure what "that well" means to you: Alli Campbell and Nat Marshall are very good recruits who will help the Irish (and maybe even more). But I (think I) get your point: the class would be really good if it had one more player. Given Clark is the top ten recruit....

Thinking good thoughts and crossing fingers until we hear something.

Dillon, If You Have Access, Check BGI Rockne’s Roundtable
by savr27  (2019-10-17 10:17:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Forum

Thanks for That....
by dillon77  (2019-10-17 15:45:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...Someone got the "gist of it" to me via e-mail.

Stay tuned....

Good enough for me. Thanks. *
by 2DOMER  (2019-10-17 08:53:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You are raising my curiosity level to new heights * *
by RISteve  (2019-10-17 08:12:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Let's wish for a potential double dose of good news.....
by ndmba98  (2019-10-16 23:35:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

......with a commitment from the Buckeye state too.