Way To Keep the Faith, Hemp: I'm With You
by dillon77 (2019-10-18 08:21:45)
Edited on 2019-10-18 08:22:15

In reply to: Post Play  posted by hempfield75

While most Irish know Danielle as a stretch 4, she (tries to) remind people that she primarily played a traditional center for her high school team in Long Island. I saw her play there twice and her primary offensive weapons were left- and right-handed swooping hook/three-quarter shots. And a turn-around jumper that probably has a step-back element to it now.

Now that Mik has had more time to gain back more stregth and some first-step quickness, I'm expecting some very good play from her.

Muffet and team expect to be very good. That's expected and fine. But they need to be realistic about the lack of collegiate playing time and take that into account. Have confidence, learn from what does not work/mistakes and keep working.

My biggest concern for Mik, Danielle and Sam is just that: there are only three of them. They'll need to avoid getting into foul trouble. Avoid cheap hand-check fouls, move your feet. Those three will need help on the boards from Anaya, Abby, etc.

There's not a lot of experience here. But there is talent. One practice and game at a time...

Replies: