Maddy Westbeld down to 4. Drops Tenn from her list
by RISteve (2019-10-19 06:41:53)

Our odds just increased, for those who take a more analytical view of the recruiting process.

Link, below, per Raoul:

Thanks Some Pre-Coffee Reactions on That:
by dillon77  (2019-10-19 08:09:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

- Well, that probably confirms Maddy isn't the 4th ("silent") commit.
(This conclusion has been building momentum and this underscores it..);

- Seems like Maddy is interested in a number of schools/coaches and/or is either very deliberate in her approach or the Chattanooga paper that reported this only knows/is interested in the Tennessee nix;

- Whew, wonder if Tennessee was the low-hanging fruit on her list? Maddy's gonna cut this close to the deadline if it's a one-a-week process..slow drip.

(Speaking of Tennessee, they just got their first 2020 commit yesterday Tough first season for the new coach...)

- My gut thinks ND is going to be one of the last two for Maddy. Please, not Louisville. In women's hoops, that almost Michigan-esque.

- Later addition: Chatter on the Boneyard says Jody Demling, the recruiting scribe covering all things Louisville, reports that Walz made a home visit to Westbeld after Maddy's visit to ND.

Demling thinks that her decision comes down to UL and ND, with ND having the edge.

On possible factor is that Louisville also needs to find a point guard and Texas whiz kid Sarah Andrews is on campus as I type. And Louisville only has one roster spot open.

Give "he who must not be mentioned" credit for working this hard. I'm sure MM and staff (Michaela, Beth) are working this hard.

Cross fingers...and stay tuned.

It would be disappointing if she goes elsewhere, but if she
by Slotts  (2019-10-19 10:20:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

does go elsewhere, I hope it is UCLA. Choosing Louisville would be the cruelest cut.

It is possible that she has begun to notify the coaches of
by MPG  (2019-10-19 09:55:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

all the runners-up and the first leak happened to be from Knoxville. In any event, it would be great to have Maddy and Caitlin announce their intentions by November 1.

This makes sense. She has announced nothing on Twitter. *
by BTFNDGUY  (2019-10-19 14:23:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

More evidence that MW is not the silent 4th. *
by Homeboy73  (2019-10-19 08:06:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Here's a bit of ancient history re her sister, Kat. (link)
by sixtythreer  (2019-10-19 11:37:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post