55-28 with 4 min left in 3rd qtr.
by RISteve (2020-02-16 16:18:48)
Edited on 2020-02-16 16:34:18

If you do not have the ACC Network, consider yourself blessed.

71-46. 4 min left in game *
by RISteve  (2020-02-16 16:35:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We won that ten minutes! *
by foxrocks  (2020-02-16 18:04:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

82-49. Final. Uuugh *
by RISteve  (2020-02-16 16:52:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hurts. Esp. when I heard "this can be habit forming"
by ProV1x  (2020-02-16 18:09:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

from a guy in the restaurant we were eating.

Player from Gary, Indiana continues to school Notre Dame. *
by hibernianangst  (2020-02-16 16:44:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wake me when she wins a NC
by NDLAW88  (2020-02-16 16:51:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and takes off her false eyelashes.

Doesn't change the fact she's good *
by maverick  (2020-02-16 17:24:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

At a position we badly needed help. *
by hibernianangst  (2020-02-16 21:47:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

could it be that she didn't qualify academically?
by WaxonWaxoff  (2020-02-17 01:22:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

remember, only the FB programs gets significant slack on admissions

Don't Recall Any "Mutual Interest" Between Evans/ND ...
by dillon77  (2020-02-17 09:38:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... at any given point.

My gut tells me a lot had to do with timing: during her recruitment period, ND was expecting Ali Patberg to be the current and/or future point guard. (Remember, Evans graduated from high school in 2017.)

A top recruit like Evans would be looking for playing time and having Ali Paterg pencilled in during your recruiting could dissuade that.

And there could've been other factors on both sides: her other finalists were Purdue and Tennessee.

In any case, one of the many ironies is what happened: Patberg ran into injury/illness issues, Lili Thomson grad transferred in and got infured and ND went to a Mabrey/Young lead guard attack to win a N/C.

Of course, the slate looks pretty bare now with Evans in Louisville, Patberg in Bloomington and Jordan Nixon in College Station, Texas. And now Dara Mabrey comes in from Blacksburg, Va..

What a long, strange trip it's been.

Hopefully, MM, Michaela and Beth will find a PG who will spend (more than) a few years.

In the long term how much do you think
by maverick  (2020-02-17 12:58:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mabrey not coming here will effect us? I realize that may be an unanswerable question depending on who we recruit going forward. I know it hurts short term. The theoretical impact of Patberg transferring had to have hurt. That's the negative no one thinks about is how that transfer may have impacted any recruits that may have thought about coming here. It is why I can't cheer for them on the basketball court when they walk away because it really hurts the program. I know that is not very "civil"" of me but can't help it

Why the Mabrey fascination?
by NDLAW88  (2020-02-17 15:35:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I got the sense she didn't want to come here. I also got the sense Muffet wasn't that enamored. She's good and we do need 3 point shooters but that ship has passed and it might not even be that great a boat to begin with.

2 similar players with the same blood lines
by ram  (2020-02-18 09:45:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

both made huge impacts in the program recently

that is why I was so disappointed that Dara went elsewhere-thus my fascination

although smaller, she might be the best of the 3

you can't teach that Mabrey "do whatever it takes to win" attitude

I tune in VT games just to watch her

I wish she came too. Don't know about the best Mabrey tho *
by Jon  (2020-02-18 13:30:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"might" she has 2 more years and the rest of this one *
by ram  (2020-02-20 11:44:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wonder if she might have been recruited harder
by NDoggie78  (2020-02-18 15:24:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

with Muffet's new expanded roster recruiting. Of course we are still not 100% sure she wanted ND

No fascination, just was asking about players
by maverick  (2020-02-17 17:37:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that didn't come. In regards to Evans I was asking about the impact on recruiting players when someone like Patberg was perceived to be entrenched. I believe I remember with Mabrey is she wanted to forge he own path but was asking what impact she would have had if she had come here. Time will tell, as with any recruit, whether it would have made any difference.