I am not nearly so confident of this. I think we are two
by Raoul (2020-02-16 20:03:36)

In reply to: Lots of reasons to assume ND will be a top 20 team next year  posted by btd

years away from Top 20 and playing that way night-in and night-out. This season can't be passed off as simply bad luck on injuries and transfers. At this point it is worse than that. Muffet had one losing season in her career and hadn't lost 10 games in 12 years.

The problems are not just in our stars but in ourselves. The culture has been broken and can't be rebuilt in one off season. Muffet needs to totally engage in every aspect of the program and rebuild brick-by-brick.

The new players will be good, but Sam Brunelle was extremely highly rated and look how her year has gone. We can't assume every new piece will fit so well despite talent. And injuries will happen again. They always do, and this bunch may be more injury prone than past teams.

I believe in two years we will be back. I see no reason to be so confident about next year. This team needs to re-learn how to win and no one is left from the days when winning 30+ games was just what ND women did.