by RISteve (2020-02-20 04:39:09)

Per Anthony Anderson:

Destinee on track to return next season
Michaela facing Dara for the first time as coach/sister
Dara 3 point numbers
Kaitlyn questionable tonight with flu

Link, below:

Thx RI. Great Anderson Preview. Lotsa 3's by Va. Tech Guards
by dillon77  (2020-02-20 08:53:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

- Aisha Sheppard (15.4 points per game, 72-of-193 on 3-pointers for 37.3%), sophomore guard Dara Mabrey (12.7 ppg, 66-of-172 on 3s for 38.4%)

- Looking forward to seeing 6-5 freshman center Elizabeth Kitley (11.6 ppg, 7.3 rebounds, 1.9 blocks, 55.1% from the field in 25.6 minutes)

- One of the grad. student forwards that the board researched last spring (I think MPG tracked her down initially) is 6-2 grad-student forward Lydia Rivers (6.8 ppg, 8.4 rpg in 26.5 mpg). She's given the Hokies what we collectively hoped she could give the Irish: some minutes and some rebounds.

- Glad to hear Destinee is gung ho about coming back. While things look good, think I'll wait until that is completely signed, sealed and delivered before doing the proverbial happy dance.

- With grad student Taja Cole, Dara is playing off guard here, which is the position she mostly played at Manasquan HS (save her senior year).

- If Kaitlyn can't go, will probably see a whole lot of Katie Cole.

I do think that Dara is best as a shooting guard. She and
by MPG  (2020-02-20 13:34:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sheppard are providing the the three point shooting that ND lacks, while Rivers and Kilty are providing the rebounding that ND lacks. Cole is doing well as a playmaker. When you put all those factors together, we can see why Tech is headed for a seven seed.

From what I have heard, we can feel certain that Destinee is going to be on the team next year.

While I want Destinee to return, I hope she plays so well
by NDoggie78  (2020-02-20 11:09:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in the remaining games that the WNBA considers drafting her. That would probably have to be about 40 points a game