Anyone else come to this board now before men b-ball ? *
by LAW83 (2020-05-07 16:43:22)

This user did not provide content for this post

I like the posters here way more than on other boards
by ram  (2020-05-09 10:48:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

people are respectful to each other most of the time on McGraw's

On other boards, esp football, there is a lot of "quien es mas macho"

Football is the worst, of course. The Pit isn't bad except after losses when the trolls are out and the "Fire Brey" posts start

My experience is that message boards reflect the state of the team. WBB has had great success and that makes for happy, happy, happy. A board I followed for years for Giants' baseball died when they won 3 of 5 due to inactivity.

ND football fans have the most to complain about and I used to complain a lot myself. Last year, I found myself somewhat disinterested for the first time after 53 years. Kelly's long tenure has worn me down.

I like most of the posters here. So, yeah, I come here first.

Well, it's a lot easier to be respectful and get along
by Chicos bail bonds  (2020-05-09 14:24:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When the team is a perennial contender.

No, but I visit often *
by Chicos bail bonds  (2020-05-08 23:07:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes. My ratio is about 5:1. *
by PWK2  (2020-05-08 17:43:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I recently came back to NDNation primarily for this board
by Curly1918  (2020-05-08 15:35:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have no idea where else to get this kind of discussion about a program that I have enjoyed for years.

Absolutely
by ronniewoo  (2020-05-08 10:49:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I visit both boards regularly but always check this board first. The Women's BB Program has been the highlight of ND Sports for the last ten years.

Came here for the cookies, stayed for the coke (addicting)
by BabaGhanouj  (2020-05-08 09:58:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I worry that I'm one of those who may write tl;dr posts (per SB Jimbo) or that I may become too sarcastic at times. I try to entertain when I can. However, I really, really like that people disagree with me, or at least express different views. I enjoy that we discuss/argue with civility.

This is an intelligent, happy place, not a place of hatred and despair.

New motto: "McGraw's Bench - low percentage of morons"

Came Here First...and Stayed
by dillon77  (2020-05-08 09:18:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Have a number of connections to WBB (my late sister was an adept HS player; know many of the founders of the ND Club team that led to the varsity, etc.) and that led me to McGraw's Bench. Been here since, with a focus on recruiting and overall WCBB. Like the comraderie of this place...very welcoming, respectful. Learn and laugh.

Will occasionally venture over to lacrosse (a sport I played) and soccer (a sport I coached and administered), but women's hoops is the main port o' call.

Nothing against the men's hoops board, but I rely on ND Hoops Recruits for most men's recruiting. Life's too short for virtually all football boards (at any school).

You are one of the prime features of the best sports board.
by T-Bone  (2020-05-08 14:37:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Continuing thanks (and for your comments at the Boneyard).

I'm sure we crossed paths - you'll like this photo
by NDoggie78  (2020-05-08 10:27:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I knew some of the girls a little (having trouble remembering names - a Meagher and a Murphy and drawing a blank). We often had pickup games in the ACC and got invited to scrimmage with the girls (not organized with male players like it is today).
Don't want to come off as sexist, but they weren't very good. There wasn't a player that was even 6'. There first varsity year was '77-'78 (my last year). The first coach, Sharon Petro, came from a high school in Michigan.

Amazing how the team, and the sport, has evolved. Here is part of the original varsity team

As My Tag Indicates, I Was Gone in '77...
by dillon77  (2020-05-08 10:35:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...and so were the women I knew: Patty Coogan and the irrepressible Judy Shiely (now King). One of their club coaches, Jeannie Early, was -- interestingly -- my sister's HS coach in northern Long Island but came to ND to get an MBA. Small world. Thanks for posting the picture.

I was an Archie, so knew quite a few '77 (started same year) *
by NDoggie78  (2020-05-08 12:04:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There's recruiting news here
by NDoggie78  (2020-05-08 08:49:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I read both boards, but respond more here (I'll leave comments about The Pit alone).

Suffice it to say, no one should be happy about men's basketball recruiting

I definitely head here first and much more often
by drmurray  (2020-05-08 07:08:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Great quality posters and a very low percentage of morons, ...if any.

Other than myself.

I blame Davie *
by NDoggie78  (2020-05-08 08:49:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That bastard *
by drmurray  (2020-05-08 14:28:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

YEP check this board numerous times every day
by maverick  (2020-05-07 21:02:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mens board sporadically Football boards on here NEVER

This is the only board I visit on this site *
by GriffinGold16  (2020-05-07 20:46:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There’s a men’s board? :) *
by RISteve  (2020-05-07 20:09:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

this is the only board i check here *
by goirish01  (2020-05-07 19:55:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes. Best board. Most informative and most cordial.
by Homeboy73  (2020-05-07 19:53:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Men’s hoops is OK. Football is 90% complaining about Kelly and Swarbrick. OK, complaining a bit is warranted, but 90%? I want to hear about the team and the players. McGraw’s Bench is outstanding in that regard. and by far the most informative about the team and recruiting. No giving crap to other posters.

I agree for the most part, but...
by SB Jimbo  (2020-05-08 09:26:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

at times I think a few posters go overboard in their comments. Their posts quite often go on for several paragraphs. While they obviously know women's hoops, it's as if they want others to know how knowledgeable they are.

Just my 2 cents.

I come here before Rock's or any NDNation board. Have ever
by Domerduck  (2020-05-07 17:57:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

since Kelly's embarassing 2016 season and the vacated wins. Now I only occasionally check out the other boards. For me the Bench is the best board. Good people on the board discussing a quality program whose coach has had the most class of all ND coach anf the greatest championship pedigree. Niele is an exceptional replacement and Muffet left at a good time.

Excellent post.... *
by Wolfetone  (2020-05-08 03:11:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I never go to the men's board *
by Murcer68  (2020-05-07 17:54:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Always !!! *
by NDLOVE42  (2020-05-07 17:03:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post