Friday the 15th is the day when ND is supposed to decide
by MPG (2020-05-14 22:55:56)

whether or not to open campus for the final three weeks of summer session, beginning July 6. If the decision is a yes, then Niele and her staff will have a few opportunities to work with team members who come to campus. It would be a good chance to provide an orientation to the program for the incoming quintet.

What are the restrictions/impediments to an ND team with
by Notra_Dahm  (2020-05-15 13:35:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a smaller, manageable number of participants (like b-ball) holding their own on campus (or off campus) workouts. Assuming there is some sort of on-line teaching going on (if that is a prerequisite to getting kids on campus), why can't each team handle their off season workouts in their own ways, with sufficient safeguards on social distancing, isolation, etc.

I'm also assuming that the participants come voluntarily, and the ND legal department has signed off on the risks of getting someone sick inadvertently, despite the preventive measures.

Alternately, even if you don't have workouts, is there anything that prevents getting the newcomers on campus for summer school (again, if special housing and other arrangements are made, and not exorbitant, compared to regular students)?

Here are a couple of possibilities:
by MPG  (2020-05-15 19:43:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

1. Alli Campbell reportedly has a full court behind her family's home. All of her teammates could travel there at their own expense, set-up tents, play hoops by day, and sing contemporary campfire songs by night. ND coaches could not attend, nor could ND contribute anything to this venture.

2. The players could come to South Bend and do something similar, except for the fact that there are no public basketball facilities available at this time. Baskets have been taken off the backboards on campus and in the public parks. Again, ND could not cover any of the players expenses and I doubt that coaches could participate. Could they watch from a distance? I don't know.

3. What if all ND summer classes are offered on-line? My guess is that the players could work with coaches for the number of hours permitted by the NCAA during a summer session, provided that ND opened its athletic facilities and allowed coaches to return to campus. As of today, ND has not opened even the golf courses, despite the fact that the local public courses have been open and doing well on nice days with no health problems reported.

I look forward to learning what was decided today. As of this moment, there are no on-campus learning, housing, or dining options. It has been bittersweet to see scattered groups of seniors posing for graduation pictures on campus this week; a literal case of "all dressed up with no place to go."

The State of Indiana's "Back on Track" plan
by Kayo  (2020-05-17 12:48:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The link below will give you access to each stage of reopening and the timeframes attached to them. Barring a setback that elongates the timeline, there is nothing to prevent workouts during the last three weeks of the summer session if ND opens campus.

More…
by BabaGhanouj  (2020-05-15 21:43:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Record your at home workouts and put them online for the coaches and the rest of the team.

Coaches can supply workouts and competition:
• how many shots made in a row from certain spots
• how many shots made in a certain amount of time
• virtual games of horse - honor system
• how many shots/made shots in a day
• all sorts of drills initiated by the coaches and then the team must send in their videos

In addition, how come some people get to work out indoors?

(You get a feel for how good she really is. By the way this is an April video.)

Not to ninja this thread but, as others have stated, UConn is the likely target, but it’s not a foregone conclusion. My theory is, as good friends as Paige and Azzi are, does Azzi really want to have to be competing with Paige every single day? I know I’ve praised Paige a lot in the past, but I’ve also seen a lot of interaction between the two and Paige can get annoying.

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT
by DOMER65  (2020-05-16 19:22:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don’t think anyone in HS practices more that Azzi and the results are deserved. Whatever school she selects will benefit greatly.

Defense. *
by Tim Kelley  (2020-05-16 14:38:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Agree, little chance for defense alongside Covid-19 *
by BabaGhanouj  (2020-05-16 16:02:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post