Oregon State gets ESPN #10 2021 recruit joining ND & UConn
by Domerduck (2020-05-17 15:08:25)

as the only three teams with 2 ESPN top 17 2021 recruits. #10 Talia Van Oelhoffon from Washington joins #12 Greta Kampschroeder from Illinois. ND has #2 Miles and #16 Citron and UConn has #5 Deberry and #17 Poffenberger. Those are the highest two rated the Beavers have ever recuited.

Well, our two will be easier to spell *
by NDoggie78  (2020-05-18 08:13:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It makes up for 4 years each of Ogunbowale and Bruszewski
by cbiebel  (2020-05-18 20:04:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And yes, I did type those without looking up their spelling.

Bravo!
by BabaGhanouj  (2020-05-18 08:58:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The ratings for those 6 girls vary widely. By far the most consistent (and best) is Olivia Miles whose lowest is 2 and highest is 4. Sonia is also very consistent with ratings of 14, 15, 16, except with Prospects where she is rated 33.

Connecticut’s two are fairly consistent with DeBerry going from 3 to 10 and Poffenbarger going from 6 to 17. However, they also have Caroline Ducharme who, at this time, is all over the board from 7 to 41 (41 is HoopGurlz).

For Oregon State, Talia Von Oelhoffen ranges from 10 to 27 and Greta Kampschroeder from 8 to 37 (37 is All Star Girls Report).

But NDoggie really captures the crux of the matter. Miles and Citron are far and away the easiest to spell of the lot. Notre Dame, as they often do, has thought beyond just sports.

Not surprised ND/UConn got top players/good names, but OSU
by Domerduck  (2020-05-18 10:37:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

usually doesn't get those types. I never thought their names were too long, but you guys may be right. I agree Miles is the best of the bunch.

BTW I did notice Ducharme was destined to UConn at #37 on ESPN's list. They were the only team so far with 3 five stars. Stanford with #4 Demetre & #52 Harriel, Tennessee with #23 Wynn & #48 Striplin, and Michigan with #30 Wiggins & #36 Phelia also have multiple 5 stars. So far it seems the Beavers and the Skunkbears are crashing the Blueblood party when it comes to 2021 recruiting, but it's still early on the recruiting trail.

Yes,
by BabaGhanouj  (2020-05-18 11:36:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

with Maryland transfer Destiny Slocum (7,10,7,7), incoming freshman Sasha Goforth (21,12,14,26), and these two highly rated, long named verbals, Oregon State seems to have moved into rarified recruiting air. I'm very excited to see how they fit the names of their 2021 recruits on the backs of their jerseys, as Dillon has pointed out.

Slocum has since transferred away from Oregon State
by GriffinGold16  (2020-05-18 12:20:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She will join Arkansas next season as a grad transfer. Your point still stands about the Beavers, though.

Speaking of Arkansas, they'll have a long name to sew in two years as well. W-o-l-f-e-n-b-a-r-g-e-r, whew! Glad we got Miles and Citron.

Oops, can't keep up. Thanks. *
by BabaGhanouj  (2020-05-18 12:44:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Easier To Sew on Back of a Jersey, Too! *
by dillon77  (2020-05-18 09:57:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Cut down on time/thread input!