Along Those Lines, I'm Thinking About Olivia Miles
by dillon77 (2020-05-19 09:07:47)

In reply to: I wonder if there even is a story  posted by Orangutan

During the initial TV interview following her announcement, Niele stumbled a bit when asked about her staff and switched over to saying her emphasis would be on recruiting. Almost immediately thereafter, Olivia Miles committed and then Sonia Citron joined the green wave.

Now, Niele might've been (already) thinking of whom she wanted running the positions, but I'll bet Miles' commitment made her really think of it.

Last year, Michaela oversaw the point guards and while Mike can probably coach anything, she's more of an off guard/even a wing herself.

Coquese W. is a point guard. And was a professional point guard. With a gem like Miles coming in, I think it's a good idea to have someone who is the position work with a player of that ilk, who will probably be expected/depended on to lead from the get go. I'm sure Niele will spend time there, too, but day-in, day-out, expect Coquese to work with Olivia and Alasia.

Michaela seems like a natural to work with players such as Alli Campbell, Abby Prohaska, Anaya Peoples and Sonia Citron on the off guard wing slot.