Madeline Westbeld is a "Must-Know" athlete.
by BabaGhanouj (2020-05-23 11:45:14)
Edited on 2020-05-23 16:59:36

MaxPreps picked the top 25 high school athletes of the class of 2020. Madeline Westbeld landed at number 24, the 4th or 5th basketball player on the list depending whether you count a multi-sport basketball/volleyball athlete. Paige Bueckers, of course, tops the list for all athletes. Congrats to Maddy! She will be someone special.

Like her sis, we will come to know her very, very well *
by Jon  (2020-05-23 20:59:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Very creepy *
by ndzippy  (2020-05-24 00:53:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

😂 Point taken. Too many 'very's *
by Jon  (2020-05-24 15:23:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think she’s a keeper. *
by 2Domer  (2020-05-24 19:57:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ah, not really. Jon played on MaxPrep's "Must Know". *
by BabaGhanouj  (2020-05-24 08:11:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thx for sharing. From my read she is the 5th WBB scholly
by Domerduck  (2020-05-23 13:12:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

player and it's an impressive list of female athletes for soccer, vball, golf, track, xcountry, swimming, lacrosse, wrestling, flag football, & weightlifting (wow) along with bball. The BBall recruits are all going to top programs: UConn (Bueckers), Pao Pao (Oregon), Van Lith (L'ville), Clark (Iowa), and Maddy (ND) in their order of their ranks. The only other athlete that seemed to have bball on her list along with Vball was NJ star Anna Morris (#12 overall) who is committed to Northwestern. She seems to have more accolades in Vball, but I am sure Dillon can give us a run down since she is from his neck of the woods.

Looks like Maxpreps is falling short on the hockey, tennis, skiing, and ultimate frisbee athletes. I know in the Northwest we there is alot of focus on ultimate frisbee as we have had 2 National college athletes from the high school a mile or so from my house.

Ice hockey represented by Olivia Mobley. *
by BabaGhanouj  (2020-05-23 17:32:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Anna Morris from IHA Is D1 Talented in Both Sports...
by dillon77  (2020-05-23 15:38:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...Basketball and Volleyball. In fact, Charliebball of the Boneyard, who used to see her play often, was a bit surprised she chose to play hoops in college.
Middle blocker in Volleyball and was the center for the IHA hoops teams, although I'm guessing she could easily play forward, as well.

She will focus exclusively on hoops in school, from what I've read. Good get for Northwestern.

Counting challenged *
by BabaGhanouj  (2020-05-23 14:00:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post