Muffet, Niele and Beth All Played Parts ....
by dillon77 (2020-05-28 15:47:40)

In reply to: Beth was the Recruiting Coordinator  posted by irishrudy

in the Class of 2020 recruitment. And Carol was there for her part with post/big forwards. Congrats to all of them for reeling in this highly ranked class.

As many of you know, I've been taking copious notes over the last two to three years on the recruiting scene and will point out that:

- Muffet oversaw the whole operation and had input from all her coaches but make no doubt that Niele was in day-to-day charge of recruiting while she was here.
- Niele was actively involved in the recruiting of three of the 2020 recruits: Alli Campbell, Nat Marshall and Alasia Hayes.
(For more see an ND Insider article penned by the always reliable Anthony Anderson on April 22 -- scroll below)
- Alli committed to ND in Sept. 2018, the first of the Class of 2020 to do so.
- Both Alli and Nat Marshall attended Recruitapalooza and it went from there.
- In one of her early interviews, Niele acknowledged she didn't have much to do with two of ND's 2020 recruits, so by process of elimination we're talking about Maddy Westbeld and Amirah Abdur-Rahim. So, good check mark for Beth and whomever else worked with her on those two recruits.
- As for Clark, that was just a mash-up (I've heard a few variations on that "silent commitment" -- in the future, beware of 'em!) Suffice, no one came out of that with a happy face when I look at the sum total of the explanations.
- However, let's look at the rebound efforts in 2021. Niele most certainly started the efforts on Miles and Citron, Beth certainly kept the push going and Niele closed the deal.

ND Insider Article....................................................

“I’m sad, I’m shocked, and I’m also excited for coach (Niele) Ivey,” Campbell said.

Campbell and Nat Marshall, two members of an ND recruiting class that is ranked No. 3 nationally by ESPN, both said they plan to honor the Letters of Intent they’ve signed to play with the Irish.

“This doesn’t make me reconsider at all,” Marshall said Wednesday evening from New York. “Of course, my hope was to be playing under coach McGraw, but I also love coach Ivey.”

Marshall and Campbell participate in a regular group chat with fellow 2020 recruits Maddy Westbeld, Alasia Hayes and Amirah Abdur-Rahim.

“No one has said they’re reconsidering,” Campbell shared. “We’ve been talking, and I think we’re all so shocked. But I think we’re all excited as well, because we’ve all built a relationship with Coach Ivey as well.”

“It sounds like everyone’s still on board,” Marshall concurred. “We all really love coach Ivey.”

Marshall and Campbell both said that Ivey, a longtime former ND assistant, was actively involved in their recruitments before she left after the 2018-19 season to join the NBA’s Memphis Grizzlies as an assistant.

Campbell, a guard and three-time reigning Pennsylvania Class 2A state player of the year, said the possibility of McGraw leaving was never discussed while she was being recruited.