A few thoughts I have about why they have not communicated.
by Domerduck (2020-05-29 13:33:36)
Edited on 2020-05-29 13:35:31

In reply to: Hope Something Would've Happened (or Would Happen) ...  posted by dillon77

1. Beth may have wanted the head job and is disappointed. The replacement move was fast from a public standpoint. Clearly the official position is she is looking for other coaching opportunities. Neither ND, Niele nor Beth would want anybody to think there is sour grapes.
2. The posting process may have been set up to try to give Beth time to find a job which she didn't. Keep in mind lots of folks on the Bench even thought Carol was on the chopping block. To me the Coquese replacement of Beth was the best for the program given Niele felt a need for some other change than just her replacing Muffet. As I noted earlier I agree with her.
3. The ambiguity still leaves the possibility that Beth gets an assigment at ND in administration, assistant coaching role with Brey (just a wierd thought), something else in fundraising, etc. My feeling Beth is still beloved and respected at ND and if she needs a job something could come up. Still it's a bad time for movement with the shutdowns & the virus. If they say goodbye, then they have to say hello if she has a different role at ND. Seems awkward.

Just my 2 cents.

Replies: