Brianna Turner quoted in WSJ article
by ufl (2020-05-31 17:28:07)

America Is Raging. Listen to What’s Being Said.

As cities boil over, pleas from sports figures to hear the voices in the streets.

By Jason Gay May 31, 2020 10:18 am ET

A humble ask from a sports columnist:

Pay attention.

Pay attention to what’s happening in America.

Pay attention to who is speaking out, and who is laying low.

Pay attention to what’s happening in the streets, the fire, the chaos, the hearts that are breaking…but also pay attention to the anger.
Hear it. This anger that’s playing out, it isn’t new. It’s built up over years, decades, generations upon generations. It’s foundational.

“I feel like sitting back and being quiet, that’s literally going to solve nothing, so at least get a conversation going. Even if you don’t want to do it publicly, that’s fine, that’s not your venue. But at the same time, you can maybe take what I said and talk about it individually. Even if you disagree with me, why do you disagree? That’s fine if you don’t agree, but at the same time, why don’t you think that those viewpoints are valid?” Brianna Turner, WNBA player.

Link to WSJ article below:

Listen

Link to Brianna this morning on SportsCenter (link)
by goirish01  (2020-06-01 16:50:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Proud of Bri.... *
by dillon77  (2020-06-01 17:08:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Brianna is pure class
by ronniewoo  (2020-06-01 13:07:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have always thought that Bri was one of, in not the classiest player to come out of that program. That is incredibly high praise because I have a universal admiration for the women in the ND women's BB program. I have followed the program closely for ten years and it has been a tremendous source of pride and joy for me.

Well done. *
by TWO  (2020-05-31 20:43:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Note both of her parents are in law enforcement (link)
by goirish01  (2020-05-31 17:47:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Didn't know that *
by ufl  (2020-05-31 17:48:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post