ND '21 Recruiting Class Now Rated #1 by World Exposure WBB
by dillon77 (2020-06-03 10:04:42)

Yes, it's is -- ahem -- still early and the #1 player in the class is still unsigned (yes, her initials are AF), but it's still interesting.
Order is:
1) ND
2) UConn
3) Oregon State
4) South Carolina
(see link for more).

How did ND pull this off with just two signings? Well, in part, because of where those two -- Sonia Citron and Olivia Miles -- are rated in World Exposure's rankings. Note the order I wrote that:
1) Azzi Fudd
2) Payton Verhulst
3) Sonia Citron
4) Talia Von Oelhoffen
5) Olivia Miles

This #3 and #5 clearly explain ND's high ranking. That's the highest I've ever seen Sonia or Payton Verhulst rated, so someone likes tall shooting guards. The rest of the top 300 players is a paid list.

I've never really seen this organization until now, which may or may not mean much of anything. They post a number of articles on commitments (a la Raoul) and have ratings.

Still, encouraging to see the two 2021 recruits get some early kudos.

(Tip of the hat to New Frontier over on the 'yard for initially posting this)

They are arguably correct. The will be conclusively correct
by sixtythreer  (2020-06-03 11:58:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

when Azzi Fudd commits to ND, or Verhults recants of her Louisville heresy and re-commits to ND.

I like great guards....

Light up Grace Hall. We're #1!!!! *
by Domerduck  (2020-06-03 11:00:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Interesting find!
by BabaGhanouj  (2020-06-03 10:42:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm not sure what to make of World Exposure WBB. They seem to put a lot of weight with the USA team players (U16), which is understandable. Currently there's not much to look at in the club circuit. Did they have reps go to high school games? I'll try to find out more about them. Thanks.

Their top five for 2022 are Brady, Patterson, Barker, Betts,
by MPG  (2020-06-03 10:18:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and Gardiner.

Looks Like ND Is Aiming High In Search for Bigs...
by dillon77  (2020-06-03 12:21:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..with an offer out to Patterson and some degree of interest shown by staff (up to now) in the others, whether on social media or seeing them play for U.S. National Team (I think it was CO who went to Chile.)

Interesting how 2021 was very much a year in which guards were rated highly, whereas 2022 appears to be year of the bigs, which coincides with ND's needs.

Let's go Irish!

How many 'bigs' do we need in the '22 class?
by ndamage  (2020-06-03 12:50:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If we receive a commitment from the other G, then I'm assuming we will try to surround the triplets with a bunch of 5-star forwards, and forgo any G's in that class.

I believe that ND will aim for two in 2022 to replace Vaughn
by MPG  (2020-06-03 13:34:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and Cosgrove. Betts or Gardiner would be great low post options while Patterson or Barker would be perfect as athletic forwards who could play inside or outside on offense while blocking shots and rebounding on defense.

ND might add a guard in 2022 if there is some attrition in what will become a talented and crowded backcourt.

Thanks to Dillon for noting that I had to change Wright to Vaughn in my original subject line. It does give me a chance to thank Markisha Vaughn for her all her hard work during her years at ND.

Agree with MPG on All Points Save for ..
by dillon77  (2020-06-03 13:53:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...subbing in Vaughn for Wright. Mik V. is the post I think he meant (I think he got caught up in a Markisha Wright moment :-) )

Nat Marshall is 6'5" tall and it will be interesting to see if she develops into more of a traditional post, tends to take it outside or does a bit of both. Therefore, getting some bigs who complement her would be optimal. That said, 6'7" Betts becomes the center of the court regardless of where she is!

Patterson is one tall talented wing, for sure and Gardiner has a bit of Naz Hillmon in her: tough inside, but developing a mid-range game.

You are Wright about Vaughn! *
by MPG  (2020-06-03 15:38:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We can't be Wright all of the time *
by drmurray  (2020-06-04 11:02:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Markisha can. *
by PWK2  (2020-06-04 16:48:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Agree...do you or anyone else have updates on which
by drmurray  (2020-06-03 12:47:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

prospects are being followed on Twitter? That seemed to be a great indicator in the past.

I myself don't have a clue abut how to use Twitter.

Patterson is an awesome prospect...Hope we get her... *
by Wolfetone  (2020-06-03 11:43:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post