Oddities and Entities
by BabaGhanouj (2020-06-11 08:04:46)

• To start last year’s season, 4 out of 5 players who first took the court had never played even a minute for Notre Dame previously! The starting lineup against Fordham had 2 freshmen, a transfer who hadn’t played (more than 39 minutes) in two years, and a transfer graduate student from Stanford. Only Mikayla Vaughn had played for ND the year before, averaging 10 minutes a game. And then Mikayla had to leave that first game after injuring her knee.

• ND’s two best players, by far, with regards to Efficiency Rating last year were Mikayla Vaughn (with an outstanding 26.3 adjusted for 40 minutes) and Anaya Peoples (with 19.0 adjusted for 40 minutes). Both do not qualify nationally as neither were able to play in 75% of the games.

• We had 4 McDonald’s All Americans last year.

• In this coming season we will have 5 McDonald’s All Americans and 2 more who were selected to play in the Jordan Classic game.

• Natalija Marshall height is listed as 6’3” by All Star Girls Report and is listed as a W/F

• Alasia Hayes is only 2 rungs further from the top, with a 32nd ranking, than Natalija on ASGR

• This year’s team has 3 players from ‘famous’ basketball families - Madeline Westbeld, Alasia Hayes, and Amirah Abdur-Rahim

I missed the info on Hayes background. What's her lineage? *
by Jon  (2020-06-11 11:02:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Her two older sisters were highly sought after - now at MTSU
by goirish01  (2020-06-11 12:13:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Anastasia, the oldest, first played at Tennessee. One or both were McD AAs.

Your post reminded me that Mikayla Vaughn has not played
by MPG  (2020-06-11 10:17:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

at her full strength since November of her freshman year. Let's hope that she will be at her best during the year ahead.

Having seen Natalija Marshall on the court back in October, she is no shorter than 6-4.

I expect Alasia Hayes to be a productive player. She is quick and can shoot.