A Anderson article weighs in with a few Dara nuggets
by RISteve (2020-06-12 21:00:33)
Edited on 2020-06-12 21:02:46

In reply to: Interesting Night To Not Go On the Internet: Dara Thoughts  posted by dillon77

A few interesting tidbits I had not seen before on Dara:

—Indicates the decision on to offer/not offer was made by ND and Dara did not have an opportunity to attend ND out of high school?

“Mabrey was initially recruited by Notre Dame out of high school, before the Irish eventually opted to go a different route.

If hard feelings arose, they weren’t significant enough to create an ongoing roadblock.”

—There are some hard feelings between Dara and VT?

Mabrey says that she prefers not to discuss the circumstances of her transfer from Tech.

“I kind of knew I needed to find a new home, so I put my name in the portal,” Mabrey said. “Let’s just stick with, I needed to find a new place to truly feel happy.”

—She prefers PG, but is really a “combo guard”?

Nevertheless, “I would say I would like to be labeled a point guard first,” Dara shared, “rather than stuck with being just a shooting guard, but really, maybe just a combo guard. I’m super, super excited that I’ll have somebody like Coach Ivey who can help me become a better point guard, because that’s what she was, but I’ll do whatever helps our team win. If you need me to bring the ball up the court, feed the post for one half, then get myself open for shots the second half, I’ll do that.”

—Wants to and will apply for a waiver (I do too!)

Ivey says it would be difficult to speculate on how quickly the NCAA will make a decision regarding Mabrey’s eligibility, let alone what the decision will be.

“It takes a little bit of time following admittance. You have to go through the paperwork,” Ivey said. “You just never know with that.”

Mabrey says she would definitely prefer to begin her Irish career immediately, but understands she may have to wait until the 2021-22 season.

Link, below

Replies: