by k_ter (2020-06-14 21:33:35)

Top 5:

Notre Dame
Baylor
Uconn
Stanford
UCLA

Any comments on Mike's post below about Fudd? *
by BTFNDGUY  (2020-06-17 20:41:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As a poster, Mike has a good track record for accuracy. *
by MPG  (2020-06-18 10:12:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hope For the Best; Prepare for the Rest....
by dillon77  (2020-06-18 12:35:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Caitlin Clark circled back after most had written her off. That didn't turn out well for who knows what reason, but you never know.

However, having Dara commit with few open spots -- one of which should be for a forward -- should given an indication of where the Irish think they stand in relation to Fudd.

The other indication for me is how the most-followed person by different coaches in the Class of 2022 by Irish coaches is not one of the top forwards, but KK Bransford, a 5'10" all-round guard rated in the Top Ten of 2022 recruits.

If Fudd and the Irish have moved on, as Mike said, following Bransford looks like the sound idea. If she swerves back onto Rte. 80, I'm sure Niele will deal appropriately.

Makes sense. Kind of what I thought. *
by BTFNDGUY  (2020-06-18 15:12:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No, not yet. (I'm feebly applying Betteridge's Law.)
by BabaGhanouj  (2020-06-18 08:53:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I could respond, but I've already accumulated enough ire.

By the way, I like Mike's enigmatic blunt statements. (I'm in favor of diversity in posting styles.)

Kiki + Patterson are the kind of player we need more of
by Raoul  (2020-06-15 20:31:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and had a hard time recruiting. 2022 is loaded with quality size and we need to get some of that as well.

Same name & actually plays a lot like Kiki Herbert-Harrigan *
by goirish01  (2020-06-15 13:23:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If Niele can bring Kiki to ND, that would be a significant
by MPG  (2020-06-14 22:49:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

moment of fulfillment in her recruiting plan by winning a competition for a forward with four other major programs, two of them in her home state. We had not seen Kiki linked to ND until recently when Dillon mentioned that ND was following her on twitter. It would be great to add a forward like her, even if it meant reaching the 15 scholarship limit for the 2021-22 season.

I am confident that Niele will add some elite front court talent no later than the 2022 season.

So do you take Kiki
by txirish74  (2020-06-15 14:59:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

if she were to want to commit and basically stop chasing Fudd or hold out for Azzi?

Why Cant We Take Both - I Predict There Will Be Multiple
by savr27  (2020-06-15 21:38:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

transfers after this season - too much talent coming in and the writing will be on the wall for some who will be relished to the bench

Stopped chasing Fudd long ago. *
by Mike  (2020-06-16 06:52:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hope she enjoys losing in the Final Four every year.
by 1NDGal  (2020-06-19 17:29:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The poor competition that UConn plays in the AAC has come home to roost.

That’s why Geno was so salty when we left the Big East. He knew where UConn would be left. Iron sharpens iron, and the AAC has no iron. Nor does the new Big East, without us.

I Also Believe Something Will Happen For The
by hempfield75  (2020-06-15 23:45:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

chance at both. NI is a confident recruiter and coach. She would not have
accepted Daras commitment and any other player if there was still a chance
for AF. I am shore she is or will develop a plan or something will occur to
take AF. That is a talent you keep on your board and mind till the end.
Don't Give Up, Never Give Up.

Here is a question. Can you redshirt a player on the roster and not be
counted towards the 15 that year?

SEG/Chief

No, they count *
by cbiebel  (2020-06-16 09:25:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks For The Clarification *
by hempfield75  (2020-06-16 16:25:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Solution
by Luke  (2020-06-15 15:56:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Give "Mercedes" Benz an academic scholarship and take both KiKi & ZZ lol

Don't think you can do that
by txirish74  (2020-06-15 19:40:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

since she played in a game this year. She would have to not play this coming season.

Benz will have graduated
by goirish01  (2020-06-15 20:08:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As she's a senior this year. The only way we have room for both Kiki and Azzi starting in the 21-22 season would be if Vaughn forgoes her 5th year or if someone tranfers.

This is the correct analysis of the 2021-22 roster situation *
by MPG  (2020-06-15 22:42:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm an eternal pessimist, but I'd take whoever commits first
by GriffinGold16  (2020-06-15 15:41:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's really quite a greedy thing to do to "hold out for Azzi Fudd" if Kiki Iriafen wants to commit, as it would be to "hold out for Kiki Iriafen" if Azzi Fudd wants to commit. Best case scenario you wind up with the star you 'preferred,' but if you don't then you wind up with nobody (not to mention some other schools get better). If you just take the first player to commit between the two of them, you get better no matter what, and you hang your hat on an excellent recruiting cycle.

A bird in the hand
by BIG MAC  (2020-06-18 16:06:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is worth two in the bush. If we can get Kiki....get her. She is at a position of need. If she commits we tell AF that if there is a transfer we will hold the schollie for her. If no one transfers then she has lots of options, including UConn.

Azzi Fudd Is a Clear #1 Prospect.....
by dillon77  (2020-06-15 15:39:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...and she'd be a welcome addition to any college team and most WNBA teams.

That said, ND could use a forward out of this class and the fact that Niele and Dara Mabrey committed to each other tells me the odds for Fudd are tough.

The good news is that if Kiki holds off until September (to get an OV in), Fudd might make up her mind by then.

Given How Little Is Known About This Now Mutual Interest...
by dillon77  (2020-06-15 11:35:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..this is a great development. No idea of when this relationship started -- (the video footage of Marina and Kiki may have happened before Marina was traded from LA Sparks to Dallas?) -- but the Irish seemed to have strengthened their relationship during the pandemic, which is saying something because that's entirely AV-based. Nice.

I'm certainly not aware if Kiki has ever been to the Bend and given that she's an LA-resident, I'd have to think she'd want to see the campus and South Bend. So, will this "finalist period" stay that way until the NCAA opens up campus visits? If so, that can only help ND. As charismatic as Niele is on phone and camera, she's even more so in person.

Yes, the Irish would have a full roster in 2021, but my gut is Niele is allowing everyone to start from scratch come practice. And then might do so again come Class of 2021.

This, along with the offer to Ayanna Patterson, is a good indication that Niele and staff know they need to continue to bolster the front court to match the talented guards and wings on the roster. Nat Marshall and Kat Westbeld (who sure seems like a high post) are a great start, but got to keep racking up the tall talent!

Just guessing the California schools probably lead. *
by 2Domer  (2020-06-15 14:18:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'd Guess So, Too, But It's a Chase Worth Being In...
by dillon77  (2020-06-15 15:21:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..she's a very good player. And even if ND does not land her, it sends a good message and could set the Irish up for more successful courting of Lauren Betts, Timea Gardiner, Ayanna Patterson, etc., in 2022.

Patterson is a local product and Niele has given her an offer, which is great. And ND has watched Gardiner and Betts in Chile (CO was there), along with commits Miles and Citron. If ND could get one of those two, along with Patterson, that would be a super addition to Nat Marshall and Kat Westbeld.

You meant to write Patterson instead of Gardiner in the
by MPG  (2020-06-16 10:37:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

first sentence of your second paragraph. I view Gardiner as similar to Kiki as a low post player.

I have seen her listed as tall as 6’4”. This would be great *
by 2Domer  (2020-06-14 21:48:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Also, 6' 1" (link)
by PWK2  (2020-06-15 15:50:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'll cast my vote for 6'3" *
by MPG  (2020-06-15 22:43:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I Have To Agree With You MPG.
by hempfield75  (2020-06-16 00:05:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know little to nothing about her league. But I do know sports. Her stats
shows she is a dominate player against her competition. I can not believe
all the centers and forwards in her league are shorter than her. Her stats
shows she is competitive, talented and over 6-1. Heck, at 5-10 I blocked
shots without getting more that a 1/2 inch in the air.

SEG/Chief