Given How Little Is Known About This Now Mutual Interest...
by dillon77 (2020-06-15 11:35:28)
Edited on 2020-06-15 11:36:58

In reply to: If Niele can bring Kiki to ND, that would be a significant  posted by MPG

..this is a great development. No idea of when this relationship started -- (the video footage of Marina and Kiki may have happened before Marina was traded from LA Sparks to Dallas?) -- but the Irish seemed to have strengthened their relationship during the pandemic, which is saying something because that's entirely AV-based. Nice.

I'm certainly not aware if Kiki has ever been to the Bend and given that she's an LA-resident, I'd have to think she'd want to see the campus and South Bend. So, will this "finalist period" stay that way until the NCAA opens up campus visits? If so, that can only help ND. As charismatic as Niele is on phone and camera, she's even more so in person.

Yes, the Irish would have a full roster in 2021, but my gut is Niele is allowing everyone to start from scratch come practice. And then might do so again come Class of 2021.

This, along with the offer to Ayanna Patterson, is a good indication that Niele and staff know they need to continue to bolster the front court to match the talented guards and wings on the roster. Nat Marshall and Kat Westbeld (who sure seems like a high post) are a great start, but got to keep racking up the tall talent!