Recruiting changes in the air for women’s basketball
by RISteve (2020-06-16 14:02:49)

Raoul breaks it down nicely. Hopefully, NI and staff will adjust quickly, once changes are approved.

Link, below

Decision's been put off for several weeks *
by SB Jimbo  (2020-06-17 19:01:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Men’s and Women’s basketball activity can begin in July
by RISteve  (2020-06-17 19:21:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

On campus, if the school elects to do so.

Link, below

Recruiting decision's been put off for several weeks *
by SB Jimbo  (2020-06-17 21:52:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bureaucrats gotta make rules...
by foxrocks (click here to email the poster)  (2020-06-16 18:12:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sigh

These changes seem logical
by goirish01  (2020-06-16 23:24:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

AAU seasons have been cancelled. No one is visiting campuses. Fall semesters are all starting on new timelines. These changes don't read of bureaucracy to me, rather, they are just adjustments in response to all of the other changes going on in the world.

So, Evaluations Can Take Place Aug 15 to Sept. 29
by dillon77  (2020-06-16 15:19:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Here's the wording: "Establishing opportunities for coaches to evaluate prospective student-athletes from Aug. 15 through Sept. 29."

That, if I read correctly, can take place on- or off-campus, so a prospect like Kiki Iriane could come to ND and be evaluated. (If I'm off, could someone set me straight on this?)

So, if a Kiki I. holds off on committing to others before then, that's a time for her to get to ND and she can see the campus in addition to being watched in workouts.

Still, I wonder if these workouts allowed to be the usual "OV" or stripped-down versions, thereof.

Summer Recommendations Are Out, As Well.
by dillon77  (2020-06-16 15:03:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"The bottom of the NCAA press release seems to carry what would be relevant to Niele's team. Given how early ND is starting classes, it can start these workouts nearly a month earlier than Sept. 15th:

"Beginning on the school’s first day of classes or Sept. 15, whichever is earlier, student-athletes can begin out-of-season workouts. Up to eight hours per week for weight-training, conditioning and not more than four hours of skill-related instruction per week will be allowed.

"Student-athletes are required to have two days off per week.

"Preseason practice can start 42 days before the school’s first regular-season game. Thirty days of countable activities may be allowed over this timeframe."