A local jersey shore interview. She sounds very positive. A few pearls:

Her final three teams were Arizona, UCLA and ND
MM was recruiting her before her announced retirement
Being coached by her sister will be different
Majoring in film/video
Did not want to talk much about applying for a waiver or reasons for leaving VT

Link, below

Toughness personified. Zero hesitation. Loved it. *
by Tim Kelley  (2020-06-19 17:50:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks. After watching I am even more excited she chose ND.
by hibernianangst  (2020-06-19 00:13:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She is more like Marina than Michaela. She has Marina's edge which is a good thing.

Love her swag *
by Murcer68  (2020-06-19 16:24:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yep, Marina's edge is lifeblood. Abby & Sam will triple it. *
by Jon  (2020-06-19 09:28:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Great Interview. Really Enjoyed It. You Can Read
by hempfield75  (2020-06-18 22:51:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

into the interview the respect and love she has for ND, MM and NI. It will
finally be great to say that all 3 Mabreys attended ND. Not many schools
can say that.

SEG/Chief

Good For All Concerned!!
by dillon77  (2020-06-19 10:03:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Interesting to hear, as RI Steve noted, that MM started this process and Niele continued it. Niele always was good influence on Marina and think she and Michaela will work well with Dara.

Well, we've now gotten pieces by Shore guys Kevin Williams and Gregg Lerner. Just need hoops guru Tiny Green chiming in and we'll have a hat trick!

Go Dara. Go Irish!

My guess is that Coquese will coach Dara, while Michaela
by MPG  (2020-06-19 10:39:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

takes over Beth's role with the wings. Last year Beth coached Destinee, Sam, and Abby.

There has not been an announcement of coaching responsibilities, so we shall see.

Based on Last Year's Assignments, You're Probably Right...
by dillon77  (2020-06-19 11:29:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...but we'll have to see what the official responsibilities are.

Yes, Coquese will proabably coach the PG's and also take on the "combo" guards who will handle the ball from time to time. And that would seem to be where Dara will fit in if (note "if") she has PG responsibilities (particularly if the waiver comes through and she's available in 2020-21).

But I can't see Niele not having some input with her point guards, which is why I put that in the initial post. And I also think Michaela will have both informal and formal (game plans) input and interaction with Dara.

As for who Mike coaches, I think Beth's charges of Destinee, Sam and Abby will slide to Mike, along with incoming frosh Alli Campbell. Who knows...if Dara has to sit a year, she might take over the Destinee role of designated scorer from off-guard and work here, too, in 2021-22. Sonia Citron would probably join this group, while Olivia Miles would, of course, be with the PG's.