Raoul Updates Recruiting Page on Ayanna Patterson
by dillon77 (2020-06-22 16:48:43)

If one scrolls down the link, you'll see that Ms. Patterson has had a lot of bona fide offers made in 2020. In the month, the Irish offered (April), so did Baylor, Georgia Tech, UCLA, Mississippi State and our new recruiting buddy, North Carolina.

And in May, Megan Duffy from Marquette got into the action, along with Tennessee and LSU.

Very popular and pursued prospect. Let's stay in touch...early and often.

BTW - Megan Duffy just took a 5% pay cut at Marquette to
by Raoul  (2020-06-23 09:06:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

help out with the financial difficulties they have brought on by COVID. Good on her for being a team player. The men's coach doing as well, along with many high level staff. It is important for coach to show sacrifice IMO in difficult times.

Also, university stopped contributions to employee 403(b)
by T-Bone  (2020-06-24 14:43:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

retirement plans and are hunkering down on other areas.

Was it voluntary?
by SB Jimbo  (2020-06-23 14:33:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Some schools have mandated cuts for high income staff. I believe ND's among them.

Not clear. I think the situations are such that both she
by Raoul  (2020-06-23 18:25:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and the men's coach felt it was the right thing to do. The President apparently took a bigger cut. Pain in colleges is pretty common these days.

Hopefully she gets to play the season this year. Thank goodness her first year was last year. Would have to be difficult putting in new offense and defense schemes in first year in a COVID year like this. [P.S. Interesting to see just how different or derivative Ivey is from MM]

Press release from Marquette on the pay cuts. (link)
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-06-23 18:58:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks. Sounds like let's all do this together kind of thing
by Raoul  (2020-06-23 19:35:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She's making big bucks in Milwaukee and has a working husband. She's doing well. I bet MM has told her stories about what she made at ND at a similar age. I bet is was peanuts. Be fund to see MM's salary by year last 30+ years.

Has to be fun for MM to watch all these women grow up, have careers and families of their own. Coaching is fun that way.

It appears Megan was recently married at ND too
by RISteve  (2020-06-23 14:15:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Link, below

Congratulations to Megan! It was interesting to see Beth
by MPG  (2020-06-25 10:15:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Cunningham and her husband in one photo.

What is Cunningham doing? Are she or husband working for
by Raoul  (2020-06-26 08:39:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the university?

I do not think that either is working for ND. I believe a
by MPG  (2020-06-26 09:01:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

poster reported back in May that Mr. Cunningham has his own business.

That's great. Thanks so much for posting and always good
by Raoul  (2020-06-23 18:22:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to see friendships made at ND lasting well beyond the 4 years.

Looks like he was an Asst Football Coach at UDayton. Decent job but had to move to Milwaukee for his bride. Very modern young couple. MM led the way for many of these young women where they can pursue their coaching aspirations and traditional home life.

Much success Megan!

Not At All Surprised ... It's the Right Thing To Do...
by dillon77  (2020-06-23 09:13:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...given the circumstances. Megan rocks and I think she's going to continue to do well in her coaching career.

Thanks for posting this.