Holy Schmoley! The thread changed wholly!
by BabaGhanouj (2020-06-28 21:02:57)
Edited on 2020-06-28 21:32:34

In reply to: Coincidence or just a typical Notre Dame recruit?  posted by BabaGhanouj

The intention was to mirror the Lincoln-Kennedy list with all the strange coincidental events from two basketball players whose last names just happened to begin with ‘B’. If you read them, you’d find the serendipitous similarities staggering! Sure, there are tons of differences, but that would hardly make a compelling post,… or so I thought! Instead, not one comment, including my own, concerned the dizzying duplications, but the differences!

Then it hit me!

Everyone combated the coincidences because they’re flukes! Just like the Lincoln-Kennedy pairings, it’s all smoke and mirrors. It may be fun, but you wanted something more serious. I shouldn’t have been surprised that only differences were discussed.

Of course I think Sam is the better player. That’s a given. Hopefully, we’ll see that this year. But even beyond that, she may change the whole shape of the game. Could she be the first female player mic'd-up during a game? Will she be hosting halftime interviews? Don’t be surprised if she’s piloting the private jet by her senior year! Sam is special.

To those who still feel hurt and disappointment from Boley’s departure, the players and coaches have moved on long ago. Any successful athlete learns to let go of misfortune or it eats you up.