Two Coaches With Dayton Bloodlines & A Few More...
by dillon77 (2020-07-02 13:14:35)

In reply to: I hate to see her go. Maybe Beth Cunningham has a shot  posted by MPG

Both are young. And both are worth taking a shot in, in my humble opinion:

- Shauna Green, current head coach of the Dayton Flyers. She's done great work there.

- Megan Duffy, who is from the area, and of course has the ND pedigree. While she's only had one year at Marquette, what a year it was. If I'm White, I at least bring her in for an interview.

Also:

- Joanna Bernabei-McNamee, the current HC at Boston College. Young, eager, dynamic. Don't know how this would go over (poaching an ACC rival), but White works in strange ways.

- Katie Meier, HC at Miami. Another ACC rival but she's a Duke alum.

- Joanne Boyle, the former UVA and U-Cal Head Coach who retired to ensure her adopted daughter (from Africa) could stay in this country. Success it worked.

She never quite got it going at UVA but I think she did a better job than Thompson and, guess what, she's a Duke alum.

- Tina Langley, HC at Rice. She's made that school relevant with transfers and smart recruiting. Prior to that, she was at Maryland, so she knows the Atlantic area.

Lastly, I always had a nightmare that the Duke job would open up before ND's and Niele might end up there. Timing can be everything.

Replies: