Revisiting an old topic with new relevance
by BabaGhanouj (2020-07-13 10:15:17)
Edited on 2020-07-13 18:51:02

I was roaming through some old Bench polls and quizzes, thinking of possible new ones, when I came across this:

This may have been one of my first interactive offerings to the Bench—in March of 2017. Not much has changed as 90.3% voted “Yes”. That was 84 out of 93 votes. (Hopefully what has changed is the community has grown in the last 3 years.)

While Benchers were attuned to Coach McGraw’s wishes—Dara says she received an offer—ND and Dara were not aligned at that time. A national championship, a couple of points away from another, a coaching change, and a transfer have brought Notre Dame and Dara together. (Posted just for the memory.)

I’m glad that Dara is on board. One of my
by Homeboy73  (2020-07-13 10:27:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

very first posts on this board was in response to the question of who should be next in the Ring of Honor. My response was that if Dara committed, the Ring of Honor spot should go to Mr. and Mrs. Mabrey. 😎

How about a "Mabrey" banner in the Ring of Honor for the
by MPG  (2020-07-13 14:24:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

entire family after Dara finishes her career at ND?

Move the Family Driveway Hoops Court To the ACC...
by dillon77  (2020-07-13 18:00:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...so folks can play on the court where Mabrey's shot, elbowed, trash talked, threw balls at each other and became Mabreyesque.

Nothing like an interactive experience for Domers!

BTW, reacting to the initial Baba post: it took awhile (and it may take awhile to see her on the court), but I'm very pleased to see Dara come to Notre Dame and represent the Irish.

She will make a contribution in some way, shape or form. When I first went to see her in person, I noticed how much shorter she was than her older sisters. By halftime, she made up for it in other ways -- speed, unbelievable tenacity, even more derring-do than her sisters -- all while keeping the long-range bombing we've come to know and expect.

Over/under on fan charge to play on court, $250.00 *
by Irish72  (2020-07-14 12:33:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Westbeld fam will be a treasure too when it's all done. *
by Jon  (2020-07-13 17:04:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Only if Dara/Michaela get NC together to join sister Marina.
by Domerduck  (2020-07-13 16:10:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As much as I love the Mabreys, there are a few other that deserve the ring before a family honor. But give us a national championship in the next 3 years, I totally support it.