I would guess "a return to practice".
by BabaGhanouj (2020-07-13 23:56:37)
Edited on 2020-07-14 00:04:23

In reply to: What is your measure of a "standard ( 9 month ) recovery?  posted by MPG

The key is everyone is different. As I said, I agree with Dillon. I'm just speaking what is "standard" by the medical profession. She may not be ready to play "at a high level of competition" any time during her freshman year. We all remember Mik, but some have returned in 6 months. I'm not speculating—just pointing out what is standard per the medical profession.

I could cite plenty of examples, some shorter, some longer. I have no idea how long it will take. Here's one that took only 6 months "to play at a high level of competition."

Kendrick Perkins, at 6'10'', has never been a major scorer. However, in averaging 6.2 rebounds and 1.4 blocks per game, he's been influential to the rosters of Boston and Oklahoma City, respectively.

While playing in Boston, Perkins tore his ACL prior to Game 7 in the 2010 playoffs.

To everyone's surprise, the big man made his return only six months after surgery. Although Perkins struggled a bit initially, he used the opportunity to get back into shape and keep a strong presence beneath the basket.

I included a link below for a detailed article of another remarkable recovery (not standard). I include it because it also mentions Skylar (11 months for "high level competition"—that would be November).