Kara Lawson on SiriusXM Fullride this morning, ESPNU radio
by Domerduck (2020-07-15 12:17:51)

As you would expect a quality interview with her. She is clearly media savvy and getting interviewed by Rick Neuheisal and Chris Childers on one of SiriusXM most popular college sports shows was a good move. She was driving from the NBA bubble to Durham so talked about that experience, 13 years in the WNBA, Celtics decision and Brad Stephens support, channeling Pat Summitt, and talking to Coach K. She talked about her recruiting when Neuheisal asked her if she was choosing between Tennessee and UConn. Knowing UConn wasn't that big then, she said her choice her final 5 were: Stanford (which her Dad wanted her to go), Duke (which her mom wanted her to go), Vanderbilt, UVa, and Tennessee, which she said she charted her own course with that choice.
She stated Duke is the most iconic College BBall brand, Cameron is a Temple, and seemed ready to go.

She could wake up a sleeping giant if she gets the right "Shielas and Joes" (Neuheisal's term) for that school. We may see some Duke/ND rivalries on the women's side to match the men's. Hope we stay on top of those with a fellow NBA assistant coach alumnus, Niele at the helm.

PS: I can't link the interview yet since the show is still live as I post If you have a SiriusXM subscription you can use the app and restart Fullride on channel 84. It's starts 36 minutes into the show. Sirius usually downloads the show without commercials this afternoon. Worth a listen.

She is going to hire a very competent staff
by irishrudy  (2020-07-16 14:41:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think she will have one of the best, if not, best top associate head coaches in the country.

OK, Tease #2 for July 16!!
by dillon77  (2020-07-16 19:04:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Are you cryptically (of course) inferring that said associate head coach at Duke may be one Beth Morgan Cunningham?

If so, this wouldn't be remarkably surprising:
- Kara Lawson is on record as one of her favorite stops on the WCBB circuit was hanging with MM and her staff, including one BMC.
- Would think that the White-McGraw connection would get into gear at some point.

Lots of connections
by irishrudy  (2020-07-17 09:36:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Including with the Boston Celtics
relationships between the two AD's
Acc knowledge and putting together scouts ( one of the best period in the business)
First time coach needs someone they can lean on
has been a recruiting coordinator
Both part of USA basketball

Still waiting for that communication how we appreciate her service to the Notre Dame community.....This board can be merciless to BK but both Autry and Todd Lyght received nice farewells when they moved on. The lack of communication by the University was poor, and shameful, and I know some disagreed with me and said it was premature to say what I did but almost 3 months later....

Kara's coaching staff is going to be quite formidable in the ACC