Summary of how the Bench views the coming year
by BabaGhanouj (2020-07-16 18:45:48)
Edited on 2020-07-16 18:48:34

if we have a season.

The process was flawed, because (sometimes) duplicate votes were being recorded, but here is a general summary. First of all, the votes have stabilized at 200. Thirty-one of those were "View Results" so they were obviously duplicates in order to see the results—basically the whole purpose of the exercise. So I threw out those 31 and another 19 which I estimated were duplicates from me or others before the “View Results” choice was in place.

So, approximately 150 votes were made in 2 days. (Pretty good showing, especially for July.)
About 5% felt ND would end up in the top 4.
About 22% felt ND would end up in the top 10.
About 36% felt ND would end up in the top 16.
About 32% felt ND would end up in the top 25.
About 5% felt ND would end up in the top 50.

I’ll leave it there without comment, since there are so many variables in foretelling this coming season (if there is one) that my tea leaves are worthless.

Self-deprecation is good for the soul
by NOBBYDOMER  (2020-07-17 07:35:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Of course, given that my grand children are sleeping over and spent yesterday with me....I almost typed depredation....of course, I then could have also used ‘sole’.

Thanks for Providing Interesting Topics and Fodder....
by dillon77  (2020-07-16 19:06:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..during this very long stretch

Luckily, traditionnevergraduates and Irishrudy have given some teases to ponder on the recruiting and coaching fronts (see below).

Thanks Nice Poll. There Are So Many Other Polls That Can
by hempfield75  (2020-07-16 20:14:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

be piggybacked off this one. Player of the Year, Freshman of the Year,
Coach of the Year, Most Improved Player of the Year just to mention a
few. I do not like to go into negative side. I like to keep it
positive.

Here is one I just thought of. How far will ND go in the 2020/21
season.

- There will be a season
- Will make the NCAA Tournament
- Second Round
- Sweet 16
- Elite 8
- Final 4
- NCAA Champion
- NIT
- NIT Champion

Baba, you came up with a great idea waiting to see if we will have
a season.

We could also do one for Fudd. But figure over 90 percent will say
UCONN. Or it could be when will she commit?

Polls can be very fun and entertaining. Is it not what this is all
about? Lets have fun.

Thanks again Baba.

SEG/Chief

Appreciate the enthusiasm!
by BabaGhanouj  (2020-07-17 08:14:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hate to bing restraint to your passion, but I've thought about how Polls, Quizes, Surveys, and all things interactive can continue. Here are my thoughts:

• For the online interactive content creative service that I've used in the past and that I think is excellent, Opinion Stage, they now have a restriction of 250 views per month.
• Once a month is not much of a restriction, IMHO. We don't want to be blasé about it. Keep the interactive stuff special. (More on that below.)
• Typically, we would never have more than 250 votes, so for 2 days after a new interactive feature is introduced, we request that Benchers only visit it once, in order to participate. No other viewing for 2 days. That way our 250 views would all be participation. Afterwards, the feature can be disabled, but it makes no difference, as we can see the results (of the first 250 votes/views) anyway.
• In this way the service remains free.
• Also, for anyone who is willing to try new things, I recommend, if you wish, sign up for a free account at Opinion Stage and you could create your own quizzes, etc. without waiting a month for mine. I could certainly help. Just make sure to sign up for the free account.

Thanks for Clearing That Up. *
by hempfield75  (2020-07-17 11:56:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You provided the ponder, and NobbyDomer, the topic 🙂THX *
by BabaGhanouj  (2020-07-16 19:54:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post