ND Hoops Recruits mentions Grace VanSlooton
by RISteve (2020-07-17 09:01:44)
Edited on 2020-07-17 09:48:19

Size is good, and Grace is 6’3”. Sounds like someone who many interest NDWBB

Here is the ND Hoops Recruits tweet:

“WBB: Keep an eye on ND and 2022 6-3 Grace VanSlooten (OH). Top 15 in class. No Irish offer yet. Can play several positions, but probably best at PF.”

I wish she had that Mabrey edge to her *
by goirish01  (2020-07-17 10:52:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

From Toledo Area. Here's a Thread on Her From Late June...
by dillon77  (2020-07-17 09:29:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..attached. Raoul had updated her recruiting page around then so some digging was done.
Nice overall game. Same HS, I believe, as U.S. National Team Zia Cooke, who plays for South Carolina.

Different kind of player than Ayanna Patterson, but ND can afford to look at a slew of forwards, no?

Grace seems to have both skill and strength. With KK
by MPG  (2020-07-17 10:24:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bransford and Grace, ND could have two Ohioans from different ND high schools in the same recruiting class.

I wonder what ND Hoops Recruiting heard that lead to tweeting about Grace Van Slooten. She is listing many offers, including UCLA and Maryland.

Not the same high school as Cooke.
by SorinBasement  (2020-07-17 09:45:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Cooke went to Toledo Rogers, an urban public school. I don't believe we ever recruited her, even though she is a tremendous talent.

VanSlooten goes to Toledo Notre Dame, a suburban all-girls Catholic school.

Katie Holmes graduated from ND Academy in Toledo and her
by MPG  (2020-07-17 13:58:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

father played basketball for Marquette.

Thanks. They Have Touched Base....
by dillon77  (2020-07-17 11:30:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..due to some internet posting and/or video clip I did while research Grace. Could've been on being recruited at this level.

Depending on how recruiting regulations play out, Grace could be a prospect worth checking out due to the proximity, both for recruiting and the fact that many kids don't want to be too far away from home, given the "new" circumstances.