Food for Thought...
by JBC_MO (2020-07-25 23:42:06)
Edited on 2020-07-25 23:45:37

I have been thinking about this for a good while now. I have been seeing on here and the Boneyard forum(s), “Where is Azzi Fudd going to go to college?” “Is she going to UConn?” Personally, I think we need to quit asking this question. It’s baked in at this point in my opinion. It’s pretty obvious she’s going to UConn. Paige has been staying with her for MONTHS now. I will be SHOCKED if she picked ND, Maryland, Oregon, or Duke. Instead, let’s shift the focus on 2022. Lauren Betts (who played with Miles & Citron on Team USA U16 team last Summer), and Ayanna Patterson (who I’ve really come to enjoy watching her highlights/games). Patterson’s reminds me of Baylor’s N’Lyssa Smith 100%. She’s a powerful, strong post player who can step out (stretch four). She will, in my opinion will be a program player if she chooses ND. I also like KK Bransford (who also played with Miles & Citron on Team USA U16), and Janiah Barker (who did as well). By the way, Citron has posted clips on her Instagram stories about Barker saying, “Look at my best friend”-while posting highlights of her playing AAU. If we get one, two, or even 3 of these girls, ND will be poised to return to the Final Four/National Championship. I’m really excited for what’s to come with Miles/Citron, along with Niele as the Head Coach! 😎

Great
by BabaGhanouj  (2020-07-26 10:23:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Plus a double welcome for a social media surfer. Orangutan has been off swinging through the jungle somewhere, so we crave all those inputs. Thanks.

Nice Information on Barker & Citron...
by dillon77  (2020-07-26 09:36:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We've all read how tight Miles and Citron is, so it's interesting to see whom else they know. Heck, if Niele could get one more player from that USA team in Chile -- whether it's Barker, Betts, Bransford or Gardiner -- we'd be in great shape. Just make sure one of them -- including Patterson -- is a forward. Make that two forwards!

The USA team site lists Barker at 6’3” *
by 2Domer  (2020-07-26 09:55:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Agree. And hold the fries *
by drmurray  (2020-07-26 08:32:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hmm...
by JBC_MO  (2020-07-26 10:30:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Didn’t know Barker was that tall?! I watched YouTube highlights of hers. Impressive, but I REALLY hope we get Patterson. Was shocked she didn’t try out last year for Team USA U16 team. This may be controversial, but I believe Patterson should and/or SHOULD BE overall #1 in 2022. I think Butts is because she’s 6’7. No nock on her, but that’s just my honest opinion. Butts did good for Team USA U16, but I honestly thought Miles, Citron, and Payton Verhulst were the best 3 on the floor (having watching all the games).

Betts, Lauren Betts, is a low post player that ND needs.
by MPG  (2020-07-26 14:02:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Gardiner would be a good alternative to her for that position. Patterson and Barker are the same player from a roster management perspective: very athletic hybrid forwards who would be a great complement to either Betts or Gardiner. If ND can sign one from each of these two pairings, then the roster will be set for a championship run or two or three. KK Bransford would be a great addition for 2022, if ND loses a guard or two to injury or transfer during 2021.

Agreed
by JBC_MO  (2020-07-26 15:00:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Don’t get me wrong, I would like if we got Butts as well! I would be ecstatic! However, I just hope we can get Patterson. I guess because she’s a “hometown kid”, and Niele offered her so early.

Is there a Betts or a Butts or are these 2 players? I'm
by Domerduck  (2020-07-27 12:10:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

confused. I don't follow recruiting as much as the rest of the folks here.

Also welcome aboard JBC_MO. I like that you became a fan when you were 9 with your St. Louis/Ivey connection. Now that you are a 28 year old who wants to see Niele succeed at the helm, we appreciate your perspective.

You can bet on Betts but no Butts.
by BabaGhanouj  (2020-07-27 12:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think "Butts" was a figment of JBC_MO's automatic spell checker. Lauren Betts, however, as MPG says, is the recruit extraordinaire. She would solve all of ND's woes even by the most discriminating fan. She is the Olivia Miles of posts.

That would be fantastic. *
by 2Domer  (2020-07-26 16:31:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post