You're correct on ASU/UCLA, but only Maryland has made a
by Domerduck (2020-08-01 00:07:18)
Edited on 2020-08-01 00:41:06

In reply to: I feel that Final Four point to be disingenuous  posted by GriffinGold16

Final 4 from the Big 10 the last 15 years and as I said that was 1 year after they made the Final 4 the year before in the ACC. Still I believe both ASU/UCLA have made multiple Sweet 16s in those last 8 years as have several other PAC12 schools (Stanford, Oregon, & Oregon State). Other than Maryland, not sure there are any Big 10 schools that made multiple Sweet 16s since 2012.

My main point was UConn, Baylor, & South Carolina are good choices for a recruit as they currently dominate their conferences. Then choosing multiple options from the PAC12 & ACC make sense given they both have had multiple teams make the Final 4 in the last 8 years with the PAC12 having 5 different teams and the ACC having 4 different teams. Maryland is the lone Big 10 team to make it and as I said they have clearly underperformed in the NCAA tourney while in the Big 10. It's not surprising Betts (the top recruit in the nation) didn't have a Big 10 team on her list.