Don't read ESPNs article "Top25 NCAA women BB players"
by drmurray (2020-11-23 15:26:47)

The list includes 3 from UConn (ESPN's team) and Ali Patberg.

Painful.

Does Ali count?
by RISteve  (2020-11-23 15:56:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good for Ali.

Bueckers
by Wbbfan17  (2020-11-23 15:40:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m always super anti freshman making these lists. But her at 14 is just insane. I know she’s amazing in high school but it seems more for hype than anything else

I agree with your view
by BabaGhanouj  (2020-11-24 21:24:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that freshmen have done nothing to earn a top 25 spot, let alone a top 14 spot, and certainly agree that it is more hype than anything else. Though given these lists are all about the hype to get fans excited for the season, I feel that including freshman are part of a reasonable approach and not without precedent.

Naming last year's freshman, Aliyah Boston, as one of the top 25, if not one of the top 10, would have been great foresight. The same could be said for Paige Bueckers. Now, she has even more pressure to prove it.

Lists Are For Clicks. That Said, A Few Comments
by dillon77  (2020-11-25 09:09:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..With both of you on having frosh placed that high on a list. Ive got no doubt whatsoever that Pistol Paige is going to be a force, but not so sure she'll take over the reins entirely from Christyn Williams and Evina Westbrook so that all three of them are listed between 10 and 16.

Can she play a few games first?

- Speaking of Westbrook, she was a highly recruited guard who started for Tennessee but the Orange, if you remember, didn't exactly set the house on fire. She sat out last year and is now...#16? And how is that mix with Pistol Paige and Christyn Williams going to work out? There's only one ball.

- I like Haley Jones. She makes teams better. But she only played half a season before injuries took her out and she was just finding her place in a very talented Stanford lineup. Wouldn't of put her in the Top 25...yet.

- But the one player coming back from injury who I think is going to make a major difference is nowhere to be seen. Two years agao, Tiana Mangakahia had more assists than anyone not named Sabrina. After beating back cancer (knock on wood all the time), she'll return to lead a Syracuse team that has returning weapons (Lewis, Engstler) and a super frosh class (Cardoso, Willlams).

- All power to Ali Patberg. I'm sure MM and Niele were hoping this would be the case when they first recruited her. Just not in IU Red. Still, circumstances have a strange way of unfolding: if Ali doesn't transfer and Lili gets hurt, do Marina and Jackie not become co-lead guards that help ND take off (and help both of them develop and diversify their skill set enough to help professionally). Still, love seeing Ali's pony tail flop and work with Grace Berger.