FYI ND has an NCAA women's tournament match Noon today.
by Domerduck (2021-04-14 11:43:46)

That's 15 minutes from now. ND vs Army in Volleyball, Round of 48, on ESPN3 so you can watch it with the ESPN app. The matches are all in Omaha. The winner will get 10th seed Oregon at Noon tomorrow (9am Pacific time) so my hope it will be between my 2 alma maters which will happen if ND takes care of business today.

If you want info on the tournament attached is a link to the NCAA vball website.

Thx! Caught Last 2 Sets of Win Over Army. Ducks Up Next!
by dillon77  (2021-04-14 14:16:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We have some very adept blockers up front and were continually putting it back in their faces. 10+ Aces, too. Nice win!

Last time ND/Oregon played in NCAAs, winner won the NC as
by Domerduck  (2021-04-14 14:42:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it sent ND to the Final 4 and ultimate Arike heroics the wins over UConn and MS. I sure miss live games and matches as that 2018 regional final in Spokane was a blast. Glad it's on TV. Hopefully ND gets Lindsey Miller back tomorrow who was out for Covid protocal. She's their tallest player at 6'4" but the Ducks have 6 players 6'3" or taller. ND needs to start strong to compete tomorrow like those last 2 sets. If not it will be ugly for the Irish. I've watched the Ducks. They are good.

Was Wondering Where Miller Was Today...She Stands Out...
by dillon77  (2021-04-14 14:59:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..for the reason (6'4") you brought up.

Amazing how many great female athletes are switching over to V-Ball.
The back-up center for Arizona, Lauren Ware, is an even better V-baller than hoopster, from what I understand.