Thoughts on Pitt Game
by JBC_MO (2022-01-23 16:20:43)

First off—Grandpa says, “I’m glad we won that one!” “We needed that win!” My grandpa points out that we make some (his exact words) “stupid” turnovers. He thinks we need to stop forcing to’s to the high post/block area and trust the offense. He said he was so “FN’ GLAD” about our FT shooting today. He said if we shoot like that, we win games. “Simple as that”.

Going into this week—We have some winnable games at home: Syracuse (who we beat by 20+ today 11/14/21) and we can get payback on BC at home a week from today. We have 4 home games in a row. Then the two after next week, we got NC State and VT. If we want a top 4 seed in the NCAA tournament (for home court advantage), then we need these 4 W’s on our home floor.

Things I liked:
-Sam was more aggressive today than I have seen in some time. Glad to see her play with more freedom (she was open for several 3’s).
-Maya played one of her best games all season IMO. She is playing at a high level (playing like her HS ranking-11).
-Sonia is a go getter. She is tough as nails. Goes after the ball on/if not every play.

Things I thought were questionable:
-The only thing I thought was questionable was Maddy (at times). It is clear she is going through some funk. However, this was the best game she’s had in the last 3-4 games. I know she’ll get out of this and get back to where she was at the start of the season—Christmas.

Overall—Thank God we won today, and may we get 2 home wins next week! ☘️☘️☘️

Replies: