That should be curtains for Koeman.
by CountyArmagh (2017-10-22 10:02:19)

Cle Kooiman would do a better job than the Dutchman.

It is indeed.
by IrishCavan  (2017-10-23 08:54:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just announced that he's been sacked.

Their defense is mortifying
by wcnitz  (2017-10-22 16:57:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Arsenal was making free runs everywhere. They could have dropped 8 today.

Yup, we’re a mess
by Nobilo  (2017-10-22 13:33:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Massively frustrating. Horrible combination of too slow and too lightweight. 20 games into season and no sense of best formation or best team. Koeman’s a big part of problem and likely gone, but the recruitment strategy this summer post Lukaku was also flawed. Everton is getting nothing out of $60M for Klassen and Sigurdsson. And my son this morning decided he really is an Arsenal fan at heart. Sigh.

I'm wondering if Klopp should be on the hot seat.
by IrishCavan  (2017-10-22 12:30:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My hunch is to give him this season and possibly the summer to fix this shit defending, but he would be on a pretty tight string next year.

Interesting to see if he leaves if Bayern come calling *
by CountyArmagh  (2017-10-22 13:38:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They won't come calling
by wcnitz  (2017-10-23 16:43:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pretty sure Uli/KHR have their plan in place and he's not a part of it.

I like facets of Klopp
by mitquinn  (2017-10-23 20:15:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but he would be a small timey hire for Bayern.

agreed
by wcnitz  (2017-10-23 20:32:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I actually like him quite a bit and I find his personality really interesting. He's just not the right fit for Bayern.

He's taking a lot of heat for his post match comments.
by Skip Encarnacion  (2017-10-23 23:13:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Big time bus throwing job.

I actually feel sorry for Lovren. Apparently he's been taking pain killers to get through matches. He hasn't looked healthy all year, and he's not very good. Liverpool did a shit job in not replacing him and now he's the scapegoat.

Exactly. They should’ve closed the VVD signing
by miamioh_irishfan  (2017-10-24 00:13:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but they fucked it up like they do with way too many of their high profile signing targets.

Here is my lack of understanding
by wcnitz  (2017-10-24 08:45:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Whose failures are the lack of keeper and center back signings? I assume that's not on Klopp. I know he wanted VVD really bad, and VVD wanted to come, but that screw-up had to be well above him.

My guess - Keeper = Klopp, VVD = Higher up
by NDBass  (2017-10-24 09:09:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Klopp has signed Karius and kept Mignolet. Mignolet is an excellent shot stopper. He's average at best in everything else. The back four has some part in it, but he doesn't make anybody better. Karius seems to be similar to Mignolet, but it's tough to get a read. I say give the job to Danny Ward and be done with it. He can't be worse and his upside seems to be greater from what I've read. Tough to say as it has mostly been in lower leagues, though.

Going forward, I'd start Ward and put Gomez at CB w/ Matip.
by IrishCavan  (2017-10-24 14:04:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Play TA-A at RB and wait for Clyne to get healthy. I think Lovren's confidence has to be shot at this point. Klavan was an awful acquisition. I would sign 2 CBs over the winter and sell those 2. Honestly, it can't be any worse than it is now.

I agree.
by NDBass  (2017-10-24 14:39:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'd also play Robertson at LB unless he has actually lost a leg. I'm not as down on Klavan, but that's in comparison to Lovren. If Gomez needs a spell or if he falters, I'd definitely turn to Klavan next. That being said, both he and Lovren wouldn't make it past the summer (or January depending on the market) if I had a say.

Robertson has played pretty well when he's been out there.
by IrishCavan  (2017-10-24 14:58:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know Klopp is infatuated by Moreno at this point, but Robertson should see action more often.