US roster for friendly vs. Portgual
by wcnitz (2017-11-07 10:56:15)

Wish it included Jonathan Gonzalez and Klinsmann, but overall this is good.

McKennie, Sargent, Adams, Carter-Vickers, Miazga. I'm glad Bradley and Altidore are still in the playoffs so they are left out.

Gonzales has a very important game this week
by alleghenyirish  (2017-11-09 07:31:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

According to Grant Wahl, that was the only reason he wasn't called

Agreed
by Irishlawyer  (2017-11-07 15:19:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm assuming there's more than one legitimate reason for Pulisic's omission. I'd prefer that Ream and Bedoya not be on the squad, but the omission of every big name US "star" is smart moving forward.

BVB has been in poor form lately
by someguy  (2017-11-09 09:13:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wonder if Bosz requested he be left out to keep him fresh and focused for upcoming club matches.

Yeah
by wcnitz  (2017-11-07 16:12:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Looks like the guys who are training in Europe are being left there for the most part (Weah, Pulisic, Klinsmann, etc.). Bobby Wood is nursing an injury, and Jonathan Gonzalez has a big Liga MX match coming up this week.

I would imagine the smattering of some vets is just to have some experience on the squad, which probably helps integrate the younger guys. But it has to be the right ones with the right attitude, so I'd rather have Bedoya and Ream than Bradley, Altidore and Dempsey. Thankfully all three are still playoff engaged.

Has Dempsey ever been an attitude problem type? *
by Irish Tool  (2017-11-08 06:41:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He apparently wouldn't communicate with
by ndsdsub  (2017-11-09 15:20:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sigi Schmid at the end of Schmid's tenure in Seattle.

Yes and no
by wcnitz  (2017-11-08 07:52:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's always kind of straddled the line between great feistiness and acting petulant. Which can either work out well in something like CONCACAF matches, or go horribly wrong. See his US Open Cup fiasco.

Sort of happy to move on from Clint.
by skip encarnacion  (2017-11-09 17:45:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

US Soccer needs some fresh faces. Altidore, Bradley and Clint were all scowlers.