St. Nicholas came two days early.
by G.K.Chesterton (2017-12-04 17:39:33)

Sunil Gulati, the longtime president of U.S. Soccer, will not seek another term as head of the federation, he told ESPN.

"I spent a lot of time thinking about it, and talking about it with people in many different positions -- many of whom told me I should run," Gulati said on Monday. "But in the end, I think the best thing for me personally, and for the federation, is to see someone new in the job."

Gulati's decision to stand down will bring to an end a 12-year run as the leader of American soccer's governing body, and an association with the federation that stretches three decades and covers multiple positions.

It’s good news with one big caveat.
by miamioh_irishfan  (2017-12-04 21:01:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That being Gulati and crew putting their support behind SUM President Kathy Carter in hopes of maintaining control over the hosting of World Cup 2026.

SUM is a huge problem *
by wcnitz  (2017-12-05 09:24:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The voters need to emphatically reject this.
by skip encarnacion  (2017-12-04 22:34:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I see no reason why USSF and MLS should be one entity.

I keep seeing on social media "great to see a woman run"
by Irishlawyer  (2017-12-05 16:34:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Man, people are such sheep. So stupid.

I guess the "great to see a woman run" pushed Hope Solo
by steelhop  (2017-12-08 10:53:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to run. That has to go down as, sure, I guess.

Why in the hell is this not a paid position?
by Irish01  (2017-12-04 20:18:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was shocked when I heard that it isn’t paid in an interview with eric Wynalda. Want a good way to avoid qualified people? Refuse to pay them.

It's always been a political/community position
by wcnitz  (2017-12-05 09:18:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The day to day operations of US Soccer have always been executed by another position, and this was always the 'face' of US Soccer rule. I think that should change.

Now all we have to do is get the rest of the board fired
by Irishlawyer  (2017-12-04 18:29:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

At least the people dealing with at large positions and the pro seats.

What does Donna Shalala know about soccer? I know she has a good deal of experience working in corrupt organizations.

How about Lisa Carnoy, an investment banker who is a trustee at Columbia where Sunil was an economics instructor.

Val Ackerman at least has credentials in sports.

John Collins was the attorney for US Soccer (crony position).

Steve Malik and Don Garber... well, we know what kind of interests they want to protect.

Almost all of these people fail at having the best interests of soccer in mind.

#USSoccerBoardOut!

Why is Shalala involved in anything related to sports? (link)
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-12-04 23:13:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That is good news *
by Rocksteady74  (2017-12-04 18:04:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post