WS Randy Waldrum returns to ACC
by Nigeltufnel (2017-12-20 12:45:44)
Edited on 2017-12-20 14:32:17

Took the Pitt job yesterday after taking the Houston Dash to dizzying heights. I guess in retrospect that move to Houston didn't really work out too well

Those of you that lament his departure and lay blame at the door of the ND athletic department (and you shouldn't for a number of reasons) will get a chance to witness his renaissance in the college game first hand. Note I offer this not as a defense of the current direction of the program (about which I have been quite critical) but only as an observation to those that long for the Waldrum days- which if you were being honest you would admit had their share of ups and downs. See e.g. 2011, 2012 at ND and three abject years with the Dash that led to his sacking.

This will be interesting to watch. Have you read or
by MPG  (2017-12-20 13:41:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

heard any names connected with the ND men's head coaching?

Much to Indy77's chagrin
by Nigeltufnel  (2017-12-20 14:01:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the names I hear (save for one) are all part of the Clark coaching tree. It's a top job in a top conference so i would expect a strong hire

Thanks. Putting aside any Dartmouth jokes, Chad Riley
by MPG  (2017-12-22 10:38:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

would be a good choice as would Brian Wiese of Georgetown.