Has Anyone Else Heard A Rumor That Natalie Jacobs...
by dillon77 (2018-01-01 18:51:16)

..is transferring to USC?
She was the Irish's leading scorer this year with 13 goals and 7 assists and had two years of eligibility left to pair with Jennifer Westendorf (10 goals, 7 assists) up front.

Heard this via a soccer friend who has connections into the U.S. Soccer System. Apparently, she was hoping to go to Stanford, but the Tree have no scholarship money left, so off to USC. If that rings a bell, it's also where (once) leading scorer Morgan Andrews transferred.

Hopefully, this is a possible scenario, but just want to float it out there.

No, but when it comes to rumors like this regarding
by MPG  (2018-01-02 19:58:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

women's soccer, they are usually true.

Agree....it's all around the USAA national team pool circles
by dillon77  (2018-01-04 18:07:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good to see you travel over from McGraw's Bench, too.
While hoops is my main sport, I coached a girls travel team for a long time and ran a soccer club in New Jersey for even longer.

Don't like the rumor, but like the presence of friends.
by BabaGhanouj  (2018-01-05 09:15:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe we'll get some Clark's (Riley's) Pitch discussion to supplement the professional conversation. (I also coached girls basketball, but not soccer, though I do have a close family member who just finished his freshman season as a part-time starter "at a prestigious university". OK, enough with the pride, just happy to see some friends here on the pitch.)