Chad Riley Has Apparently Accepted The ND HC Job...
by dillon77 (2018-01-04 17:59:02)
Edited on 2018-01-04 18:10:40

Harry Sheehy, the Dartmouth Athletic Director, just sent a note to all Big Green players, alums, etc. announcing Chad is leaving for South Bend.
In five years at Dartmouth, Riley's teams won four consecutive Ivy League Championships and reached the second round of the NCAAs each time.

Pretty sure an announcement will be forthcoming.

(A friend of mine is a Dartmouth guy and passed this along....)

Assistant Coach Posting
by SteveM  (2018-01-10 16:44:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The pro forma job posting for an assistant coach is on the ND Jobs website. Note that it says "there is a preferred candidate for this position."

And there's my answer! Thanks for posting. *
by AlanND90  (2018-01-05 11:25:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seemed like an outside shot for the job, Glad we got him! *
by spade  (2018-01-05 09:47:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Strikes me as a good hire. He was recruiting the son...
by Rocksteady74  (2018-01-04 21:34:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... of one of our staff last year and the player spoke highly of Chad. He didn't choose Dartmouth, but it didn't matter because he signed a pro contract and is playing with the Sounders reserves.

Official announcement. (link)
by G.K.Chesterton  (2018-01-04 20:39:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wow, my freshman year roommate
by kgreen04  (2018-01-04 20:00:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And I would echo the thoughts below that he's a great guy and an extremely hard worker. Driven to succeed, lives and breathes soccer. He's going to be outstanding. Like all Dillonites, of course.

Brace yourselves. This could get ugly.
by NDMike2001  (2018-01-05 10:02:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

How many coaching hires can we screw up? A Dillonite for crying out loud!

Chad is an awesome person
by elterrible  (2018-01-04 18:53:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and a great coach. Really happy for him and his family.

Thanks for the news. Chad has had great success at Dartmouth
by MPG  (2018-01-04 18:16:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His record there was much better than that of ND's current women's coach whose teams were never better than second place in the league. Having played and coached at ND under Bobby Clark, he should be ready to lead the Irish.