It has nothing to do with U-18 players
by fontoknow (2018-01-09 11:46:39)

In reply to: legal issues, esp. for U-18?  posted by turtle17

MLS refuses to pay solidarity fees to youth programs.

US Soccer claims it can't force MLS to pay the FIFA solidarity fee due to anti-trust concerns.

Of course MLS and USSF have all sorts of conflicts of interest on this and other issues.

Aren't solidarity fees for developing U-18 players?
by turtle17  (2018-01-09 11:52:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Are you saying USSF should force MLS to pay solidarity fees to youth programs, and that the legal issues aren't real? I also have read issues about labor laws and requiring solidarity payments.

I agree what is good for developing future USMNT players is not necessarily what's good for MLS so USSF and MLS should be much more cleanly separated than they are now. I just haven't seen an actual solution for pay to play regardless of MLS.

Yes, USSF should force MLS to pay the fee
by fontoknow  (2018-01-09 12:10:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

USSF is the governing body in the United States and is the US's representative federation in FIFA. It has a responsibility to enforce FIFA transfer rules.

I see nothing inherently illegal with solidarity fees.