What perplexes me about Madrid
by KnightlyRevue (2018-01-19 09:24:48)
Edited on 2018-01-19 11:34:29

In reply to: Gotta keep CR7, but otherwise on-board!  posted by Irish2003

this year is the total lack of fire and form that I have seen from key players. Marcelo has been an absolute mystery. Its not just the lack of tracking back and hustling on defense. All of his magic on offense is gone. He has no precision on passes. The samba magic to get by folks on the wing is gone. I would say some time on the bench would suit him but when you see Theo play in Copa he looks completely over matched. His cross notwithstanding he played an awful game yesterday. Where are the runs we saw last year at Alaves? Gone.

I do not know what to make of the year. People keep calling for transfers but will ZiZou play them? Marco can barely get any time. Ceballos, who I feel has impressed, cannot get any time other than Copa del Rey. Mayoral cannot get any time even when Benzema and Ronaldo struggle and Bale is out.

Only Isco continues to dazzle. I like what I have seen from Lucas Vasquez from time to time but that is not enough. A tough year for us my friend.

Awesome on the club membership. I finally got to go to the Bernabeu this year... the 2-2 game against Valencia...a lifelong dream of mine (I became a fan of Real at the beginning of Raul's career when I was in college).

Replies: