Agreed; MM had a pretty timely post
by Irish2003 (2018-01-19 16:22:57)

In reply to: What perplexes me about Madrid  posted by KnightlyRevue

That lack of intensity really jumped out to me too, and hopefully it's more like the Blackhawks wearing down after deep playoff runs and having 15 guys in the Olympics rather than a permanent change with age. I love Marcelo too, but he has seemed very off, and unfortunately the one guy who might be able to provide cover (Bale) has had bad luck with injuries too. Unfortunately agreed on the transfers too, as I think we have a conundrum where the BBC's seeming lock on the starting roles makes it unattractive to young guys like Mbappe (who idolized Zidane growing up) and Uncle Flo won't pony up $10mm for Sanchez. I think the league was lost weeks if not months ago (& hate to say it, but Valverde is better than I expected), but I can't count this team out for the CL with guys like CR7, Luka, Cyborg, and Bale, and it wouldn't surprise me if they turn it on once the music hits.

Glad you made it to the Berneabeu too, and you've actually done me one better as I was there during one of the international breaks. I had just seen Stamford Bridge the week before (missed the game by hours), which was a lot smaller than I thought but nice in its own way, but man oh man I felt like Rudy's dad when I walked into the SB. R9 is probably my favorite all-time player, but I am the exact same as you with Raul getting me hooked,

Replies: