Perhaps I’m bitter because of his hypocrisy on the
by tex29 (2018-02-26 06:28:35)
Edited on 2018-02-26 10:11:32

In reply to: Thats where I will disagree  posted by mitquinn

FFP issue. And I just get sick of his excuses. He is obviously one of the greatest managers in EPL history, so I respect what he has done. But it seems he always, always whines about the officials. He could simply say, “Hats off to City. They played well and were well coached. We didn’t do enough as a team to stop them. Perhaps we were a bit unlucky with a bad bounce here or there, but that’s football. Today they were the best team, so we will try to learn from our mistakes and move on.”

It’s really not hard. I agree you don’t want to throw your players under the bus. But there is plenty of blame for that loss that has nothing to do with the players. And, in any event, it had nothing to do with the officials.

EDIT: I agree the officiating in the EPL is poor. But today wasn’t an example of that. And you shouldn’t complain about the officiating in a loss. If you win and you think the refs blew something, fair enough. I just can’t remember a time where City beat Arsenal, and Wenger didn’t blame it in part on the officiating.