It's common sense.
by NDMike2001 (2018-02-28 02:04:31)
Edited on 2018-02-28 08:20:26

In reply to: Thats your assumption  posted by mitquinn

Sure, it's great for them that the infrastructure is there to recruit and sign players. But they need a vision to sell and a manager to manage. Im simply suggesting that if Low is the guy (and he seems like a homerun kind of hire), it may not happen this summer. Or even if it does, Gooners are gonna have to take the long view. He'll be coming off a pressure packed summer and a job that he's been in for over a decade that will end in bitter disappointment or extreme high.

Low might walk into a great situation. But I'm just not sure it will be this July.

To some extent I like it a bit like the Klopp situation. Liverpool had to endure the lame duck BRodge for another half season while Klopp continued to settle after a successful tenure in a job he loved. Rodgers miraculously lured Firmino. Klopp eventually came in and has slowly brought his guys in.

Arsenal will surely learn from the United/Moyes situation. And, IMO, while the potential is certainly there for Arsenal to eventually build a plug and play manager situation like Bayern, Real and Barca it will most likely take a prominent manager to set the plan in motion. Not sure Carlito is that guy. He's surely one that could move it along. And for Low to have any kind of success in August, were he to start then, I'd imagine Arsenal will have to win Europa this year. Barring that, it's my opinion that Arsenal will be stuck in purgatory for at least another ten months.

As a Liverpool fan, I know what that is like to witness!