I don't necessarily disagree with you.
by NDBass (2018-03-02 10:43:35)

In reply to: I happen to think missed calls are part of the game.  posted by skip encarnacion

Take the below discussion about Morata's disallowed goal against Man United. That was a close call and I can see how the AR ruled him offsides. It sucked for Chelsea, but that's part of the game.

What bothers me are the egregious calls. Whether it is faster players, different playing tactics, or worse referees, it seems there are more egregious calls that drastically impact the outcome of the game*. Those take away my enjoyment and for me call into question the integrity of the game.

If those situations can be rectified by VAR, I think it is a good thing. That being said, it needs to be done quickly and with as little disruption to the match as possible. If a change can't be determined quickly, then it's too close and the call should stand.

* I wouldn't be discussing in good faith if I didn't mention that it is possible that the same amount of egregious calls are being made, but more televised matches, more camera angles in those televised matches, and better technology to freeze/zoom on a frame have made them easier to report than in the past.