This aint your father's premier league
by mitquinn (2018-03-05 10:29:33)

In reply to: What the heck is going on with Chelsea?  posted by wiNDycityfan

they are 25 points down in the table.

This is and will be the worst second half of any PL season.

I'll take that bet *
by HTownND  (2018-03-06 11:25:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

7 points
by NDMike2001  (2018-03-05 11:05:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's what separates the 4 teams fighting for the next three spots at the top.

It's also whay separates 10 teams in the relegation zone.

Also three players in it for golden boot/shoe.

Arsenal is interesting if you like train wrecks. And Conte and Mourinho are good for at least another sub plot each yet this year.

City are the champs. But there is still plenty to interest fans for the rest of the season.

3 points between 13th and 19th place
by DakotaDomer  (2018-03-05 19:14:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That’s pretty crazy

Even though I'm an Arsenal supporter
by mitquinn  (2018-03-05 14:38:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and its been a papering over the cracks approach by the board, I don't get excited for the 2-4 seeds into CL.

The bottom table is good fun... it will be fantastic scenes if the Orcs of Stoke are relegated.

Much more fun will be the teams in the mix of championship playoff. I'm hoping for Villa or Fulham to make it up back up.

Spoken like a true Gooner.
by NDMike2001  (2018-03-06 10:53:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You don't get excited for the 2-4 seeds because you've never had to. But if Arsenal don't win Europa this year, I think you will have to re-calibrate expectations. It will be awfully difficult to recruit players and a manager without UCL.

Unless rules change, I'm not sure how clubs will be able to regularly compete with the money thrown around by the billionaires on their pet projects.

On the one hand it ruins the game. On the other hand, most good sports need villains.

Yeah...
by mitquinn  (2018-03-07 01:09:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

like we have never been on the threshold of missing CL...

First stage of grief is denial.
by NDMike2001  (2018-03-07 08:46:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Arsenal fans don't know how close they are to becoming Liverpool of the last decade or so.

I can understand not being excited about this top four race that they've stumbled from. But they'd better be all in on Europa or top 4 is their new goal for quite a while.

Denial? If my track record on this board has anything
by mitquinn  (2018-03-07 12:49:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

its been my outlook for about six years.

If anything I was mocked for a case of rich spoils in calling for Wenger to move on and we were lucky to have his stability.

They have been papering over the cracks every transfer window, style of play change and scouting rebuilds after selling star players.

Again, just like a Gooner.
by NDMike2001  (2018-03-07 16:35:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You really don't appreciate what Wenger has done over the years. The problem is much more Kroenke than anything.

If ownership isn't going to splash money like City, Chelsea or United, then you should really have appreciation for the 2-4 race and Wenger's consistency. Because that was the one thing that had the ability to lure big talent.

But Gooners have wanted him out for several years now. Combine his loss and Kroenke's reluctance to spend like the big three, Arsenal are in big trouble.