USA isn't quite dominant, but strongly tied 1st place
by spade (2018-03-05 18:32:16)
Edited on 2018-03-06 10:58:05

In reply to: Hey Spade. Your thoughts on the SheBelieves Cup so far?  posted by volley

I haven't watched matches yet which is sad for me, but my Wednesday just freed up, so I might drive to Orlando for the winner take all match against England!!!
From what I have seen from game reviews, we're just listless. My wunderkind Morgan Brian hasn't recovered her form since her injuries, and she might not be back to 100% by next summer.

It seems like midfield is our key. I think we need 4 midfielders, not just 3 mids and 3 forwards which the reveiws show Ellis marched out in last games. I'd say Horan must be a lock and proabaly Ertz as well. Fit the other middle mid to size up against them. Probably Mewis, but mayble a smaller mid if it fits well against the opponent.

That being said, I'd expect to see the same formation to keep things the same and simple, but probably with the Ertz and Horan combo that beat Germany. Lloyd isn't our key to victory, but in a winner take all game, she's as competent as any to make some magic happen.

I'd play Pugh of course, and Rapinoe across from each other, that seems to pay immediate dividends and keep the back line more of less the same, even though aside from Dalkemper I never really can trust any of them (if back line becomes problem, Ertz will need to rotate back in next year). Naeher is a stud, keep her rolling.