Meanwhile, in Greece
by wcnitz (2018-03-12 08:28:50)

Full stop on the league after pitch invasion and PAOK owner threatening the referee with a gun.

Greek neighbor behind me is a PAOK fan.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2018-03-13 13:53:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I haven't seen him since the first incident (he was shaking his head). They had gotten the 3 points restored and yet the president still made a scene.

Passions run deep in Greece. This was a country upset that another country had dared called itself Macedonia.

FYROM just doesn't have the same ring to it *
by spade  (2018-03-14 14:45:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Surprised this didn't happen in Indy this weekend
by graNDfan  (2018-03-13 09:20:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Tie game. time running out, we get called for a hand ball just outside our own box. Ref sets the ball, kid takes 4 steps back to launch it, Ref blows whistle to end game.

Everyone stands there are he runs to sideline to grab his coat and leave. I thought a number of the opposing parents were going to have a stroke...

He let way to many things go during the game to the point that that it was getting nasty. But that is the first time I have ever seen a game end like that. Neathan had a good laugh about it after the game, after complaining about all of the bad calls that came before it.....

Wow
by wcnitz  (2018-03-13 09:44:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hate that tournament, by the way. Glad Neathan didn't have our kids go this year.

You CAN end a game that way. But you shouldn't.

Love the facilities- hate that we play in 20 degree weather *
by graNDfan  (2018-03-13 10:59:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that league is a bad soap opera
by Montroy28  (2018-03-12 10:46:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The amount of corruption is astounding, from referees to owners. And that doesn't even take into account the amount of teams that struggle to bankroll their players.

I'd have thought that UEFA would have shut them out of competitions until there was actual reform.

This might be the nail in that particular coffin
by wcnitz  (2018-03-12 11:22:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Don't know how FIFA doesn't step in here, and can't see them avoiding a UEFA ban. They were supposed to get one three years ago.