Barca - Chelsea thread...
by wiNDycityfan (2018-03-14 15:51:02)

Chelsea looking Mourinhesque: 5-4-1 type of setup.

Won't matter

Chelsea floated too many lazy passes in the middle
by KnightlyRevue  (2018-03-14 18:02:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of the park and Barca punished them nearly every time. I felt Dembele looked very strong today but as long as Busquets (hope he is ok) and Iniesta are allowed to possess the ball without any sort of real pressure Barca will pick you apart.

Curtois had a downright awful game. Messi nutted him twice and the first one was a downright softy.

Off to the next round and it is scary to think Spain could have had 4 teams in the 8s had Costa and Vitolo been around for group play. I imagine everyone is hoping they draw Sevilla or Roma.

Relatively unbiased perspective.
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-03-14 16:55:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That’s a penalty

For what? *
by NDMike2001  (2018-03-14 16:56:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The fairly obvious contact in the box
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-03-14 17:35:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

On a guy who was 1 on the keeper.

If it was Firmino you’d be apoplectic (I think I have that allegiance right).

Tell me what you saw exactly.
by NDMike2001  (2018-03-14 19:37:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Don't just say contact. Tell me what you actually saw make contact.

Firmino would never go down there. Ever. Maybe Lallana. Definitely Sturridge.

I have every reason to hate barca.

Clear Dive** *
by Dexter  (2018-03-14 18:15:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That makes 3.
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-03-14 16:34:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

3 hit posts across both legs so far.

Chelsea aren’t far away, just can’t give up the ones they’ve allowed (looking at you Thibeau)

2'
by wiNDycityfan  (2018-03-14 15:51:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Messi goal. Barca 2-1 on agg.

20'
by wiNDycityfan  (2018-03-14 16:07:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Dembele goal. Barca 3-1 on agg.

Courtois looking north to Madrid?
by iudomer  (2018-03-14 16:17:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He awake for this match?

Exactly
by HTownND  (2018-03-14 16:18:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And windy, we didn’t make terms but I will accept my public penance depending on what you desire

All good...
by wiNDycityfan  (2018-03-14 16:38:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can't in good conscience make any sort of "bet" after Man U gets embarrassed like that.

I do think Barca is the strongest since 2015-16. It's going to be a tough climb for Chelsea.

Don’t they have anyone better than Victor Moses
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-03-14 16:23:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For the wide right player? Or are they all on loan somewhere else?

Moses plays wingback
by wiNDycityfan  (2018-03-14 16:39:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not sure they have a replacement in that alignment.

Well
by HTownND  (2018-03-14 16:34:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Zappacosta was supposed to challenge at that RWB position, but both have been somewhat hit or miss

Where is Willian lined up?
by tex29  (2018-03-14 16:29:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I assume Moses is playing more of a wingback moving up in the play? It would be odd to play him as a true winger over Willian (and Pedro, for that matter).

He seems to float around with much more freedom
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-03-14 16:31:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Every time Moses touches the ball play gets held up, followed by a heavy touch and lost possession.

Yeah
by HTownND  (2018-03-14 16:31:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's at RWB across from Alonso who is at LWB.

Willian and Hazard are the wingers with Giroud up front.

And both Willian and Hazard drift inside
by wcnitz  (2018-03-15 10:14:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Though it seems like Willian stays wide more often than Hazard.